1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carputer for FIAT Grande Punto 1.2 Active

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rajeev_pillai, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks gReyHound & Ravi,
    I actually wanted to complete it before 3rd Dec, so that our members can have a look at it.
    But there were some unexpected delays and monetary issues, due to which it got delayed. :A
    I am planning to use Lilliput make monitor (or equivalent)
    [attachment=0:1u12zodz]LILLIPUT-EBY701T.jpg[/attachment:1u12zodz]

with the bracket as shown in the picture. So that it can be removed when the vehicle is at the parking or at TASS.
    This also saves custom fabrication and modification to the dashboard.
    [attachment=1:1u12zodz]1160471758.gif[/attachment:1u12zodz]

--Rajeev

LILLIPUT-EBY701T.jpg

1160471758.gif
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Great going Rajeev - Although I've a concern about the mounting used for the screen. I've a similar stuff which is used to hold my iPhone and it rattles badly over pot holes. Aesthetically don't you think it would be better to place it above the AC controls?
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks teky,
    There is space, but also overhang on the right side (marked in red) which may obstruct the placement of the monitor,

Anyway I will get both as it doesn't cost much ($10) and shipment cost can be combined with the monitor.
    Or use it with velcro tapes, if it rattles too much.

[attachment=0:3dawj8kq]dash.JPG[/attachment:3dawj8kq]

suggestions are always welcome.

--Rajeev

dash.JPG
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi did manage to connect the OBD successfully? can you please post some screenshots of obd working
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OBD is not connected. I need to get the correct PSU and Monitor waiting for those items. Also the bluetooth in my lappy is not working properly, so no testing done on OBD part.

Rajeev
  6. Any updates sir?
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Myself and Kailashnj tried testing OBD using torque for android, but it was not working. Need more research on that front.
    I was tied up with work, so the status is the same. But I contacted some of the touch screen manufactures in China to get the specs.
    Will be ordering it very soon. Now that is only pending.

rajeev
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    rajeev: What was the problem with torque? its working for me, check my thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1889
    Feel free to ask any queries, i can try to answer
  9. May I know the source and cost? If my budget for the month allows and if you are okay, I can order it along with you.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    One of my friends is currently in Hong Kong, I have asked him to bring one for me. It will cost $75. If you order directly, then we have to pay postage of 50$ + insurance+ customs. Also it may take 1-2 months. Let me know if you are interested.

I also have a wireless keypad which can be used as an input device at around 3k, but prefer touch screen.

rajeev