1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carpet replaced with vinyl. Having trouble with mats !!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sriramr9, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I would suggest if you could stick rubber strips ( 1" x 6" ) like that of a cut out portions of a cycle tube on to the vinyl, then may be the top mat would not slip.

Abdul
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    These 'clips' are present both at the front as well as the rear. I tuck the edge of the mat (OE rubber ones) under these. Till date I haven't faced the 'mat sliding' problem. From the pics you have shared I can see that we both have a similar type of vinyl mat installed. Hence, offered the suggestion in the hope that it might solve your problem. :)
    ne2u4ugy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Go to the nearest D-mart and buy a couple of rolls of antislip mats available for 100rs or so, I had the same problem in my punto..
    will try to post some pics for your reference.
  4. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

I am finding hard to keep my new Linea's OE floor carpet clean so thinking of getting it covered ( may be with vinyl) and top with floor mats. Could you suggest if vinyl floor should do and not burn in NCR summers ? Is there any other material/vendor offering these which I can get fitted.

Thanks for suggestion.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tjet'er Buy these mats (photo below) and put over the OE mats. Or get it installed at auto shop asking for noodle mats.
    The problem of sand or dirt settling on floor with only OEM mats has stopped in my case.

upload_2016-1-18_13-29-36.jpeg
  6. Tjet'er

Tjet'er Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @KPR
    I will check these from a nearest shop. I think these come in different thickness . Do you have any recommended thickness for these?
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tjet'er You can opt for the slim/ standard one for cars. The shop wala will have one size only. It will be cut as per dimensions and placed over the OEM mats. costs around 1000-1300 for punto. I had purchased standard mats available at shopping marts and placed them in my front and back. You can buy mats in sq ft and DIY too.
    1. Just dust these mats which is sufficient. Once I tried washing them that gave a plastic smell inside. Dusting off and wiping with wet cloth is sufficient.
    2. Buy dark colours like black, brown.