1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CarIQ

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Cubbie, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wondering if this restriction is software imposed. I used Fiat ECU Scan with my BT and it did not work. Did you also use Fiat ECU Scan, Amith?
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yes i do use it with Fiat ECU scan as well. Its not software restricted , its how the BT OBD is manufactured. These chinese clones are horrible and its very very difficult to find a flawless ones. Luckily i did and i have many of the lot lying with me which works perfectly with all softwares. Though costly i am totally satisfied with them.
    3 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Can you share any interesting bits about these procedure. Just to ponder upon to begin with.

Thanx.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    +1 Itallia-Linea :)
    I am doing all those gimics with that chinese ELM. Only think missing is probably the location alert :p
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am too in the foray to get the ELM piece. But now contemplating on either the BT or the USB one. If I were to get a similar piece like that of Amit then BT is the way to go else USB is what I would prefer. Just initiated a discussion with one of the so called "Power Seller" in eBay who seems to be selling the BT type to Fiat community guys as well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Viny/Itallia-Linea: Are you using the VGate BT ones ? Just asking as I hear from the seller in eBay that VGate supports common functions post puncturing the resistor.