1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CarIQ

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Cubbie, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    2 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The BT is 1.3k, but if you are going to use it mainly for diagnostics, I say you buy the USB version directly. I bought the BT one and then the USB. The BT has limited capabilities and does not read DTC errors from the ECU.

The USB one, coupled with the required software on the PC, is very powerful. You can do whatever the examiner at the service center does. Read error codes, use actuators, clear error codes, perform proxi alignment, code keys, clear service reminders etc.

USB one costs 1.5k from eBay, BT also costs more or less the same.
    3 people like this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Driver,
    What software are you using which can read all the perameters and can this reset the Service Reminder ? I seriously want to avoid to go to Fiat ASS.

Also as per CarIQ FAW the initial cost is Rs5,999/ for 2 years subscription and then what ? :confused
    [h=5]"What additional costs are involved?[/h]
    You just need to pay the device cost, which is inclusive of the data transfer for 2 whole years! We are trying real hard to partner with telecom providers so that you don't need to go for a subscription even after 2 years."
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

FIAT ECU Scan.
    1 person likes this.
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I find two versions of ELM stuff in eBay now. 1.5 and 2.1. Any idea on what is the difference?

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    You definitely bought a wrong BT ones. I have a BT ones that does all the duty on our Fiat cars.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which one?
    Also what is the cost and where is it available?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too have BT one and also the USB model. Even, I am not able to do certain functions using the BT version. I bought the BT version for $50 in USA which is made in USA.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

What duty are we talking here?

Are you able to read and clear DTCs?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I can read as well as clear DTCs, i can read as well as adjust can settings, i can carry out procedures too