1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CarIQ

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Cubbie, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Dear TFI'ians, I came across a product that helps monitor our cars better CarIQ: Making Cars Smarter

The product speaks a lot on its capabilities and the CEO Mr.Sagar, is known to me and has mentioned that FIAT cars post 2008 is supported.

Currently IOS and Android mobile devices are supported and with internet data plan on such mobile devices you may get real time information on the Cars performance and host of other information including geo tagging.

I have preordered this product to understand its capabilities and I'm sure there are many other Auto Enthusiast who will like to have one for them selves to be able to understand the cars performance and compare various aspects by using this product.

Details

Every modern car comes with an OBD port. CarIQ plugs into this port and is able to collect data from various electronic systems on your car such as the engine, ABS, air bag system, amongst others. This data is collected along with your location information and transmitted to the CarIQ platform. On the platform, we are able to crunch the data we received to send meaningful and actionable data points to you.

The Device

CarIQ is a simple plug 'n' play device. Even a smart ten year old kid can connect this to a car. You do not need to open the bonnet. Just open the door, look for a connector near the steering wheel and connect the device. Once connected, the device intelligently understands the car it is connected to, and configures itself. In case you are wondering, 'what if we change cars?'. Hey! CarIQ is all about intelligence. The device identifies the change, and resets itself.

Features supported

Info: All features listed here may not be supported by your car at the moment. This is just the start. We will be adding tons of new features as we progress!
    Critical Alerts
    Technical Problems With Your Car
    Service Alerts
    Battery Monitor & Health
    'Headlight On' Warning
    Location Information
    Statistics Sharing on Facebook & Twitter
    Social Badges for Driver, Car Condition, Membership
    Towing Alerts
    Crash Alert
    Over-speeding Alerts
    Rash Driving Identification
    Personalized Tips For Driving (based on your driving pattern)
    Fuel Economy
    Download Entire Car/Driving Data

Special Note : I don't have any financial interest in this product nor I'm responsible for this products performance.

Mods : Pls move the thread as needed.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for sharing, looks very useful thing to have.

I see the price is mentioned as Rs. 5999, for now.
    But What is this all about?
    Does this need data subscription in future?
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Ravi, ^ I am unsure for now, but worth checking.

I believe, TFI Pune team members can get 1st hand info on this tool as Sagar is based in Pune., if anyone interested let me know and I shall check with Sagar and PM his contact details.
    1 person likes this.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    And how is this different from the OBD scanners (ELM 327) ones?
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    AFAIK, ELM327 is blue tooth driven and will need a n application that can translate the readings into meaningful output.

the CarIQ, on the other hand does the meaningful analysis, cloud based, has various other features depending on the car.. They have a detailed website which explains this better than I can as I have not seen this product live yet.
  6. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    I believe, we will have to wait and see what the device is really capable of. Also, the price seems to be a little steep. Nobody would spend that much so easily IMHO. They should have priced the device more aggressively for more market share. Considering the price minus the capabilities of the device, I think that people would still prefer the Bluetooth based adapters and cheap apps available on the play store.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's nice but more like Fiat's ECO-Drive app for those who cannot install ECO drives in there cars (Punto :mad:) this is a solution to go High-Tech.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Seems interesting. But, really can't comment about the product even before the launch. Also, the option of Pre-Order is totally meaningless. Are they going to sell only limited quantity initially to have this pre-order? This is a marketing move in my opinion. I would suggest to wait rather than jumping now to pre-order the item. :)
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My take.

I already have an OBD 2 BT and OB2 USB scanner.

CarIQ with a price tag of 6k does not make sense to me over this, as I am not expecting any device to tell me how I drive or if my headlamps have been turned on.

Will wait and watch.
    2 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I feel they might wanted to know market demand, so that can plan production accordingly. I don't see its meaningless :), but pre-order can be placed only when buyers knows full details.

How much cost it would be to buy these? I am asking to see how much price difference it makes, if someone (like me) who doesn't have these.