1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Career advice thread.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ajuvignesh, Jun 16, 2012.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AFAIK, very few 'reputed' colleges offer Btech in automobile engineering in india, actually dont know the situation in mumbai. If you ve decided that your life is gonna be with automobiles, you can choose either mech / auto. When everybody asked me to take mechanical as it is much more broader and when it comes to job prospects, you will have much more options, but, i was kinda focused on my approach and decided to go for auto only , coz i know where i want to be ! I suggest you do your degree here in a good college and go for masters somewhere in Germany or US. Germany offers more automobile focused branches whereas US has more of generalized mechanical courses, where you have options of CAD as well( i guess in san fransisco uni). Having a masters abroad have its own respectable special value !!
    You have a right person to guide you from the start , your cousin, who is in the same field , who ought to have good level of contacts and experience and can advice you much better what and where to choose . Many of his collegues would have done various courses at many places, enquire with them as well . When i was going for my Btech, i had absolutely no plans of doing PG , and thats why i took automobile engg itself in degree level.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @varunrtr, thanks for the reply.
    yeh, automobile enggineering in mumbai is bit of an imposible thing. Cause in mumbai only Sabu siddiqui engineering collage & IIT mumbai are the only two options available. In addition to that, im not that inteligent to get into mumbai IIT. So the only option in mumbai is Siddiqui collage. Whre compitiation is lot more than we can think. So it seems that either i have to move out of mumbai for Automobile engineering collage or i have to go with the flow i.e. Mechanical engineering.

Here one more important question pop into my mind is, Is their any considarable difference in automobile & mechanical engineering? Off-course their will be but i mean whatever being tought in mech. & auto. department is pretty much similar or it have a huge difference in it?
  3. amazing thread guys
    @tron get a mech degree first then go with designing for ur pg what say?
    with mech. you have better options in mumbai to study and jobs later!!!
    what say?

i have a doubt!
    i am in 3rd mbbs(6th sem) lifely to finish my degree by march 2014 and internship by march 2015
    i would like to get into automobile field! an idea what i can do and where i can join?
    i was thinking of bologna,italy!
    or open a car restoring center in hyderabad!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Srikaralathluri,it's not impossible to do automobile engineering after your mbbs,I know a person who did his MTech in IIT chennai after his MBBS.Pursue your dreams,also hear the advises from your parents before making a dramatic shift in career.
  5. Bala sir
    You mean to say I have to study automobile engg again? After mbbs? Or are there any other ways where I can use this mbbs knowledge in the field of automobiles?
    I am asking cuz I don't like studying! :(
    I am more a person who would like getting experienced than reading from books!
    Even without engg knowledge I can open up a car garage right?
    Or work for FIA like prof sid!
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you still hovering around TFI, srikar ? !! :p . you are one hell of a confused soul !!!

You can still continue your passion in full swing, even if you are a doctor by profession !! Dont waste these 5-6 years you are spending to get the MBBS degree ! If mechanics play with bodies which are temporarily suspended from working , docs strive to work on bodies which are running at full speed all the time ! I know you ve got ample knowledge in this field through experience than what many of us didnt get through books, which can help you sometime in future but definitely not from your mbbs book. Just remember Everything which happened is for our good , so is everything that is happening and is going to happen for us !
  7. Varunrtr
    I never left tfi! I am still very much a member! Till I get banned permanently! It is like a home!

I am not confused! I never liked mbbs! I never liked studying! I wanted to be a mechanic all my life! And make things go fast! Only cuz my dad wanted me to study I joined! :(
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Srikar,if you do not like studying,then Medicine is the best profession!!!,your brain would not be tested at all and all that would at work would be only your hands(voluntarily or involuntarily!),so no worries.If you don't like studying your in the right path right now!!!,some PG in easy specialities like Skin or Chest medicine would be handy.
    If you want to pursue your passion,you should do that after getting a strong foot hold in your profession chosen by your parents(that's what I think so)
    Even in pursuing your passion,you should do some diploma or some studies in automobile engineering(are there any correspondence courses??!)
    No,you can not use your MBBS knowledge in automobile field and vice versa!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Now, I am scared to visit any Doctor after hearing this from Dr. Bala :D.
    asimpleson and varunrtr like this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LOL Ramjn,no,no,you can trust a few doctors like me!!!(having said that,it's also true that one can leave the brain at medical college while passing out!!,it will never be required there after!)
    Actually I had wanted to suggest a medicine to Teky after seeing a lot of glare in the video!!!,Teky if you are reading this,take Tab.Combit once a day for a month and all the girls in the street will ask you,neenga endha college??!!!
    asimpleson and ramjn like this.