1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You Did not get the Sarcasm in my post?,Did you?
    Read again;)
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    If someone is using a Car AC vent perfume called "KAPA Fresh", BEWARE!!!. That darn thing leaked out of the bottle and damaged the paint on the Switch console. Need to figure out options to fix it now.

The VINYL treated a couple of pages ago on this thread looks ok, but is just too much work. Im thinking a minor paint job of the damaged area would be a lot easier with the rest of the area masked.

Any ideas about what the paint color on the center console is? Any chances of getting a matching spray paint?
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I had that given as a freebie with the 90HP. Thanks for the tip, IMO, all the air vent perfume stuff damage the dash in case of a leak, better use My Shaldan or Areon perfumes. :)

When you say switch console, is it the central one or the one on the right?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    dash.jpg

Grabbed this screenshot from within this thread.

Paint is peeling off in the area marked in RED. Some kind of chemical reaction.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The below seems to be the relevant part number.

1 59116125 A/C VENT, FR CENTER DYNAMIC,EMOTION
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  5. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    is it possible to remove that silver plastic part around the stock HU easily, i dont like that silver color hence thinking of getting it painted glossy black, or even carbon fiber vinyl ..with out removing the vinyl cant be applied properly as you know..
  6. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Check out something like this. I like it personally wish to get a skill-full person to get it done.
    CarbonVinyl_Audio.jpg
    6 people like this.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes me too would like to do it but i dont think this punto is an indian version as i can see opener on the left hand side

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    i have seen this pic but its not from india check out the steering assist button
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even I was confussed abt the Buttons, Its ment for europeans roads.