1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sunil: thats too much of dreaming. Designing dash boards takes months/years of effort by OEMs and still most of them comes with rattles, so just imagine the same by not-so-experinced people. Its not that it cant be done, for long term happiness with your car it better to forget it.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wanted to get my ORVM's wrapped with the CF stickers - quoted 3200 by a shop in Khan Market , Delhi. Do you guys think the price is justified ? Also quoted 7500 for wrapping the mirrors , center console and switch panels on both doors. Using genuine 3M wrap , the quote is 12k.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Too much. Even 3M outlet quoted ~ Rs.350 per sqft. You will not need more than 5 to 6 sqft for the mirrors, center console and switch panels on all four doors. That would work out to ~ Rs. 2000 for the 3M CF sticker. 10 K labour is way too much.

Rajan
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet

LOL.. even I was not sure that the price was justified but the owner was pretty non-chalant about it. He also casually tried to cross-sell a remap along with the CF. :D
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    297997_158574814234306_1102366429_n.jpg
    I got it from a facebook page.
    3 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What really caught my eye is 142786 :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. charan

charan

Bangalore
    That's a European version, first or second Generation Punto probably 10 years old....
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

its not worth at 12k..

buy some vinyls and try u hands on DIY.. its interesting..
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

You Stole my thoughts,i thought of replacing dashboard in my Linea with the one from Ferrari 458 Italia.
    Then i thought of replacing body shell,engine suspension etc as well,but the overall cost shot up manifold's so i dropped the idea.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's really out from the box..... but can we able to source or made these dashboards here???? If yes then can these dash fitted properly in our cars without any rattles??

As I saw few DC's custom made cars after 2-3 years... You can not guess the durability of the custom made ones.