1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    one word.. AMAZING. Thomman please post the pic of the finished outcome in daylight picz. I was actually thinking of re-painting the same. Wanted to have a 500 like finish but was afraid of the outcome. U have done it real cool. Hats off
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Very well done :) Please post more daylight pics.

I was wondering if this kind of black CF wrapping would look good on the Linea's with the beige center consoles..(beige buttons etc.)
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Hey Bro... Thats looking fabulous and very Sporty...

Its appealing... and as Nimish said... plz post some day time pics...

Cheers :up

Neel
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Here the pictures taken under daylight... i have also upload close up pictures to give an idea where things have gone wrong (cutting around the buttons and knobs). IMG-20121127-00351.jpg IMG-20121125-00341.jpg IMG-20121127-00346.jpg IMG-20121127-00347.jpg IMG-20121127-00348.jpg IMG-20121127-00349.jpg IMG-20121127-00350.jpg

Normally these cuts are not supposed to seen.. its hidden on the other side.. but due the poor quality of the vinyls not being flexible nor sticky caused these ... same reason why i did not cover the paper tray part on the top portion...

i have seen some consoles with black button and knobs.. if i had those.. then i would have gone for black cf wrap..

i had a small interest in going red:evil:.. but then i thought of the other person u ride on the passenger seat, wont be very pleased..:D

i been wanting to go to a electronic expert and learn about soldering and resistors.
    after seeing the leds in the console..I'm thinking i shouldn't wait much longer.

i wanna change the led colour..i know i'm being a bit too optimistic.. when i'm ready i may start with rear defogger button left to the hazard sign or the window buttons...
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My car has the regular Knobs for AC and one of the bulbs had gone bust so i had got LEDs (white LEDs) installed into the console and it looks damn bright now.
    Actually I like the feel..
    The thing is these guys have actually kept color papers (or some such thing) and hence the orange color otherwise we can choose the LED of our choice ..
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Who installed the white led..? i dint find any colour paper.. i believe its orange led.

can u post a picture.....
  7. charan

charan

Bangalore
    There is no orange paper as such, it is an orange LED.

Thomman, In case you decide to remove the silver CF I suggest you replace it with a black one and trust me, with the orange lights it would look amazing
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is a brilliant guide to replace instrument cluster LEDs. Down that thread, there is also discussion of central console. Though it is for Punto Mk3/Mk2b, I am sure it will be applicable to the new gen cars as well, for the major part.

Rajan
  9. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    Any one thought of replacing entire dashboard with a custom build. If it can be done I like the look and style of Austin-Martin. 2010-aston-martin-v12-vantage-interior11.jpg
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You mean Aston Martin?
    5 people like this.