1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

DIY Carbon Fiber Vinyl on center console...

Guys i have finished my work on the center console..........will post tutorial soon.. IMG-20121124-00333.jpg IMG-20121124-00323.jpg IMG-20121124-00328.jpg IMG-20121124-00336.jpg IMG-20121124-00338.jpg
    12 people like this.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

How to remove the CENTER CONSOLE from the Dashboard..

Guys, this is just a basic tutorial on how to remove the center consoles and i know its confusing, i tried my best..
    Hope its clear..
    There are a total of 11 screw and 3 clip-on's that hold the center console to the dash board and all the screws are of the same size..

Tools required
    1) four strong metal rads that fix's inside the 4 holes on the music system.
    2) ellen key/ screw driver- size not sure.

out of the 11 screw, 2 are located outside, underneath the climate control or right above the bottle holder. from here we can figure out the type of screwdriver required.

1) insert the 4 road into the 4 holes and on the music system. these rods go in and unhook the small locks.. once the road reaches & hits the end, hold together the upper and lower rods with pressure and simultaneously from both sides, pull the music system towards us.

2) there will be 3 cables to be unhooked.the power cord, BnM cable and the Music cables.

3) these are the screws to be removed.
    Red: Climate Control YELLOW: to remove the metal box PINK : AC console

To remove the climate control panel.. only remove the screws marked in red.. once those are removed, pull out the climate control panel. There is cable that has to be removed. a similar cable exist on the back of the music system and behind the hazard sign on the AC panel. These cables have a push button unlock system. in the picture below.. press the white area to release the lock and slide the red panel to remove the cable.. 3.jpg

4)In order to access the Pink screws, its necessary to remove metal box. once the yellow screws are removed, slowly pull and remove metal piece. its bit tight to come out.esp at the rear. once this is removed.. its easy to remove the pink screws.

5) in the below picture, i have marked a cable that has to be removed to find the center pink screw. 4.jpg

once the cable and screws are removed, hold with both hands on the paper tray of the AC panel and give a hard pull.. behind the paper tray are 3 clips shown in the pictures below. 6.jpg 5.jpg

once that is removed.. dashboard will have a large creator this IMG-20121124-00330.jpg
    Center console has be fulled removed.. the end..

but those who want to separate the out nut shell.. its very tricky..
    the nutshell on climate control and music system are fixed by plastic clip on..move around and unhook each locks with a flat very small screw driver. climate control nut shell is out.. IMG-20121124-00328.jpg

but in the music system another panel has to be removed for this u have to unscrew 6small screws to remove control panel from the shell IMG-20121124-00335.jpg

IMG-20121124-00333.jpg IMG-20121124-00333.jpg

15 people like this.
  3. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

Thomman85, buddy you are always first in the Race to perform DIY's :up
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Well explained.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Nice guide. Thanks a lot. It takes a lot of effort and patience, not to mention guts to perform a DIY. It takes a lot more to be able to write an elaborate guide like this. :clap

Thanks for sharing.

6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

another killer DIY from Thomman
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Great DIY, very tricky and confusing but the output looks clean.
  8. charan

Hey Thomman, Neat DIY job and explanation.....Lovely!

Please post some pics that you have clicked during the day also and do let us know if the CF vinyl is sticking well or you see them peeling off at the edges or curves.

Hope there are no gaps or the panels are not loose as I have heard once you remove them the panels won't have the same fit & finish and have you also CF'd the side strips inside? please confirm.

Hats off to your patience :clap
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Whoaa! Wonderful DIY!! Hats off my friend!
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

there is no race..:) i just love to try out..
    Patience.. among my friends, i'm know for my impatience and hot temper..
    but when it comes to stuff like these..thats a different story..but i agree,explaining is a lot more harder..

thank you
    gald u liked it..
    the vinyl i bought was inferior quality, its dint stretch nor expand as other vinyls react to heat. so was more difficult.. so far the edges have not started to peel off.. but honestly i'm scared to park my car under direct sunlight.. i'm kida sure its gona form bulges..when that happens i will take it off. will try another go with better vinyls..if not may get them painted..

as for the control panels.. they fit in perfectly.. no loose edges

and as for the side strips.. i covered them in normal red vinyls...

- - - Merged Post - - -

thank you all for the appreciation.....
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012