1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @thomman85 - I am not against the Chinese version. There are 2 types - Vinyl and 3D Vinyl. The plain vinyl has the CF pattern printed on it and is smooth to the touch. The 3D version however is textured and looks almost like real CF.

If you check out the link I have posted above - post #24 - you will see that this guy has used real CF and then clear coat. It is smooth to the touch, but without loss of the CF effect. The real thing is way too expensive. When you look at the 3D vinyl, 3M has a better quality than the Chinese versions. Having said that, I would still use the Chinese version for the interiors, but would prefer 3M for the rooftop, if and when I decide to go for it.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i agree..and i did mention in my previous post that 3m quality is superior..

the one i used on my side view mirrors and on the handle bar.. were 3d cf vinyls..u can feel the 3d texture.. once u use a clear coat the 3d effect is gone.. and u get the smooth vinyl effect..which is the silver one i bought..

then again.. the 3d gives a better effect but dirt gets inn and hard to clean.. that why i had to remove the white cf.

as for 3m i can't comment much.. as i have't used it and not sure how the 3d effect will respond to Indian climate and dust.
    but if we rub our finger over the vinyl can can feel the cris-cross lines of the 3d texture.. it will definitely be hard to clean.. but not a problem in darker shades.

i meet a Fiatian from b'lore during our S.India meet.. he has a red punto and done a cf roof and side pillars. i can say the installation was very very poor but the cf vinyl was good.. so check with him.. i think he did it almost a year ago from a local shop.
  3. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Guys, How is the quality of this material on my car bumper between the grills?

20121119_171923.jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    quality luks gud 2 me.even my car has same quality vinyl on its b pillar.:cool:
  5. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Ok, Here is the faux wood paint job done on Linea's dashboard...Looks really good but this doesn't suit Punto, guys with Linea can probably do it

Linea 1.jpg Linea 2.jpg Linea 3.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Suman, Check out the Linea's faux wood paint work on the dash in the above pics....
    1 person likes this.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

nice.. paint job.. if he can mimic carbon fiber..then gr8

- - - Merged Post - - -

he changed the musics system..actually i wanted to how that was done.. in the last pic.. on the dashboard adjacent to the music system. looks like they struggled a little.
  7. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Yeah He changed it coz he didn't like the stock HUD's output and yes they have struggled a lot to remove the center panels, the scratches are so evident but the paint job is neat....I am just a little hesitant as the CF paint sample shown by him is more like silver and black and not grey and black...

Oh BTW, I might be going off topic by mentioning this but I can't hold it....He got that 2011 model Emotion pack MJ linea for 3.2 lacs.....My jaws opened like never before and I was about to faint.....He claims he got it from the company directly....I didn't probe him deeper....but what a shocker!!
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For Punto:-Keep as it is ,the stock panel looks gr8.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

imo the paint job is neat.. not a fan of wood panel..in the 1st picture.. too many colour.. beige, black, wood panel mismatch..
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    For Punto metalic finish paint work instead of faux wood. It will look sporty.