1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. charan

Whoa!! 11k is bloody too much, I remember checking with HSR 3M 2 months ago and I remember him quoting around 150-170/sqft, They do a good job but all I can say is 11k is is on the higher side

- - - Merged Post - - -

Srida, Raj seems to have checked in Blore just yesterday, could you please check and re confirm the Chennai price....
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    One has to be careful with 3M Blore pricing else, easily one will be taken for a ride! I have heard good reviews about HSR branch.

11k is just atrocious pricing :shocked
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Insanely costly. when you can buy those CF vinyls from JC road for 40-50Rs a sq ft and give it to some good sticker guys to stick it. If you want gloss finish, you can apply clear coat over it !!
    And regarding doing it inside the car, you can do it yourself or some competent modders in the city can do it for u at a fraction of the cost.

Just posting another Mod job. these guys are my friends and they did this on a swift
    HTRz MODz's Photos | Facebook
    Similarly they offered to do it in my friends punto at a very reasonable cost, for making the dash tone to full black from the bathroom grey lower portion and CF on the centre console.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I wouldn't mind paying that cost if it is genuine 3M DI-NOC CARBON FIBRE VINYL STICKER. It looks almost like the real mc'coy :). JC road stuff look el cheapo in comparison.

This is one fascinating read of the joys of CF and DIY :D

Please don't stop at page 1. This gentleman uses real CF, not Vinyl. I am a big fan of his have read the entire thread multiple times :D

1 person likes this.
  5. I may be going to 3M car care this saturday. Will check with them once again. The cost they told me for glossy finish was ~250/SqFt. What would be the approximate measurement for the punto roof ??? 20 SqFt ??? if so it would be 5K. Will recheck again.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Am too interested in putting fiber vinyl on my Linea dashboard but am confused where to put and what combination.lot of research is required.

Thomas the silver color looks good and am eagerly waiting for the look on ur car.
  7. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

if you are planning to vinyl wrap the roof why not try a DIY attempt?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why dont you go high quality matt black vinyl and get this work done at local radium art shop.

Total wont cross Rs. 2000.

If you want cover roof in carbon fiber then order cf from eBay.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I don't understand the 3m fever that's spreading..I agree they r of high quality, but I can assure u the chinese ones are not that bad either.. These will last if installed properly and they too have evolved in the quality..I have my share of experience with cf warping.http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/3943-diy-carbon-fiber-vinyls-side-view-mirrors.html
    I have removed the white cf as it got dirty..

This was take almost a year back..i gave a clear coat couple of days later..the carbon fiber effect reduced.. so i wouldn't recommend to use clear coat over cf vinyls..

and this was taken today....i agree it has faded.apart from that its still have the cf effect & neither peeling off..
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

and i have seen people who have done cf roof from local vinyl stores and still going good.. and cf black doesn't fade like the other bright colours. so i would't recommend spending anything above 3k for cf wrap be it 3m or whatever brand..

- - - Merged Post - - -

and as Kedar pointed out.. i agree with him.. buy from ebay and do a DIY.. and 3m is available.