1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i too have the same plans. did wrap the dash board silver strip with red reflective vinyls..
    and as for the console.. i did want them to be in black.but due to the console control and buttons being in silver..i ordered for silver carbon fiber vinyls from ebay.. got them delivered like 3months bck and still have't got it done.. my limitation is, i do't have the tools to remove the music system.. as i prefer DIY

carbon fiver paint..? did u mean carbon fiber vinyls..? actually carbon fiber painting is doable.. when i tried to wrap my car alloys with vinyls.. i did some research in youtube..and stumbled across this
  3. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Yes Thomman, i meant carbon fibre paint....Its a kind of spray method I guess......Black minuscule cubes over dark minuscule grey cubes....
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

This is the silver carbon fiber vinly I bought for my center console...
    IMG-20121121-00313.jpg IMG-20121121-00314.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    thomman, how much did u pay for this ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

btw guys the dashboard has a thin texture on it, will the vinyl stick to it without any air bubbles ?
  6. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Thomman, I am not sure about the silver carbon fibre....BTW when are you planning to finish the job....I wanna see how it turns out.

Why don't you go for a black carbon fibre, thats the best bet....Either ways you figure out what's the best

- - - Merged Post - - -

Halfclutch, This is for the center silver panel and the side strips on the dashboard and not the entire dashboard....
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I don't know when i can finish.. when i do i will definitely update..

as for the black cf.. well, i want black.. but as i mentioned in my previous post, the buttons on the console are silver and i felt it would look odd, with the black and silver combo..

- - - Merged Post - - -

i unrolled the cf sheet 1st time to take the picture and notices the bulges.. so the quality,if it would stick properly is question that bothers me..

and cost me $5 including shipping for 3ft long.

@halfclutch: as Charan posted.. this is for the center console.. nothing will stick on the dash board due to its fire resistant texture.
  8. charan

charan

Bangalore
    I am thinking of speaking to 3M guys to do the CF job, I am a little doubtful if they would do it on the center panel and side strips coz its risky and 3M guys never take chances with these stuff and meanwhile I am also thinking of making my roof CF'd by 3M, will check for the prices and update.....
  9. Roof CFing at 3M chennai costs around 5-6K. They have 3 different types of CF (glossy, Matte and the checked) in 3 different quality each at different price / SqFt. Let us know how much it costs in bangalore. Should be more or less the same.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Charan, I spoke to 2 of the 3M centers in bangalore and the job seems to cost quite a bit.
    RMV 2nd stage 3M center quoted the below price for just the roof of Punto
    11000 carbon fiber vnyl
    7000 matt finish vnyl

and HSR layout 3M center quoted per sft price
    352 per sft carbon fiber vnyl

I spoke to these 2 centers yesterday, 21st Nov'2012

Srida, are you sure about the price !!
    It seems to be way costlier in Bangalore :(
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012