1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fibre treatment on the Dash

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by charan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,

I am planning to paint the silver center panel and the 2 strips on the dashboard to carbon fiber, There is an accessory shop here in Bangalore called Throttle and the owner has a Linea and he has painted the panel to faux wood and looks good in a Linea as its a sedan and it possesses a Black and beige tone, He is charging about 3k for the carbon fiber paint......Has anyone got this done before, Kindly let me know.

I have attached the picture for reference, the spots with the orange ovals is where I have planned to treat it with carbon fibre paint job.
    new_2012_Fiat_Grande_Punto_Interiors.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How does the carbon fiber finish look like? I was in fact planning to get the carbon finish stickers( which I saw in one of our members (Francis) 90hp Punto roof) I hate the light grey treatment, not sure if that will work. From your post it sounds like a paint job, would like to see the outcome if you are getting this done.
  3. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    you can also wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl, it ll be cheaper.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Charan 3k is too high for this job. Order carbon fiber from eBay do a DIY. It will be cheap.

I am bit confused, what do you mean by carbon fiber color?
  6. charan

charan

Bangalore
    It actually depends on vinyl or paint job, paint job is usually bright, as in the silver content, You actually get different varieties in market, you should probably see it yourself and select them....I currently need to see some pics with carbon fibre on the dash.

Can you please provide the link for the light grey treatment....I have seen a video where the 3M guy does an awesome carbon fibre wrapping around a mini cooper.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Charan, If you don't mind can you please share the pics from Linea you mentioned, We need to see the work; if this is good I think many member will be happy to think for their respective Car.
  8. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Yes Halfclutch, I have got that in my mind but it has to be a good quality wrapping....Just check this link

3M Dinoc and 3D carbon fiber vinyl Install Help Video - YouTube

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey Vj, good job on the lights but I didn't see carbon fibre??

- - - Merged Post - - -

I second that Kedarbendre, It is expensive!

Check the video link that I posted here in my earlier response, I am a little skeptical about DIY as it involves center panels too!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

yeah Suman, I'll do that.

I haven't clicked pics from his car though but I'll do it in a while as his shop is close to my office....
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. charan

charan

Bangalore