1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carbon Fiber Wrap for Red my GP

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Prajith, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for those recommendations. Even I tried all combinations on the front part but settled as done now. I want to close the gap as you have shown in the first pic. Ill try that sometime next month and will post the pics.

These are some of the idea I had....
    fiat-grande-punto-my22.jpg fiat-grande-punto-my2.jpg fiat-grande-punto-my3.jpg fiat-grande-punto-my4.jpg fiat-grande-punto-my5.jpg fiat-grande-punto-my6.jpg
  2. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    I think those clumsy wheel caps are spoiling the looks. get good alloys very soon and your beauty will be unique in Bangalore. By the way can you share the cost details and the place where you got it done?
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I like the 1st and last pic...

sliver spoiling the red&black theme.. either paint it black or get rid off it...
    and dont forget the tail lights...
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  4. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Thomas and Gopscreative... I spent Rs 3000 and got it done from Sign & Shine in JC roar. I am not sure of the quality of the sticker. Almost all the shops had the same one. It was Rs 45 per sqft and in wholesale shop it was Rs 35 per sqft. None of the shops I inquired had 3M.

I am not done with my modification yet... I will have to complete it as you have suggested. I am still thinking as what to do with the wheel caps. The cheapest alternative would be to remove it, else paint/sticker it with black and some red lining.

Just wanted to share my first idea I had before the carbon fiber one. I wanted to add more chrome to my car on the front grill and window beading. I am posting some pics of those. I doped that Idea cause I wanted good quality chrome and local once would spoil the looks.

IMG_8357 grill 2.jpg IMG_8357 Grill.jpg IMG_8431 Window Trim Half.jpg IMG_8431 Window Trim.jpg IMG_8350 trim.jpg

And my latest idea.... Just got it as I was posting this thread... How about going for red on the wheel-cap :)
    IMG_3541 red wheel.jpg IMG_3541 black Wheel.jpg
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    I think the last one with caps painted in black looks ok and I like black grill instead of chrome one, it some how looks good on Red.Regarding chrome handles, do the photoshoping with blackened roof one which will give a better idea of how it looks ,but dont even think about the mods in 1st pic.
  6. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The above pics were just some ideas I had. But now am not going to do any other modification other than painting or sticker the wheel-cap.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

both the wheel look nice.. but the red... not sure how it would turn out in the real world..

and as for chrome.. not a fan!
  8. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Even I don't want to take any risk with red.. I thing black would be a safe option.
  9. omzworld

omzworld

Love your PP skills and ideas! Just shows your love for the beauty :)
    I would like to see the wheel caps in black. Other relatively cheap alternative - use Emotion wheel cap instead. IMO they look much much better and will serve you well till you get alloys. wheel.jpg

You can do some PP on these caps.
  10. omzworld

omzworld

One question to our mod friendly members:
    Can I get something like this done to my BNW Punto E with shades of black?
    How should I get it done and where in Bangalore. Any ideas of cost??
    IMG_8357 Grill.jpg