1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Wobbles

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by paliomjd08, Jun 26, 2011.

1. paliomjd08

paliomjd08

Hi,

had got my car serviced at George Automobiles Thane & got my wheel aligned &
    balanced there[ a word of caution , these guys do not have any experience in
    handling fiat cars..my wipers were put the wrong way, beading work on car door
    done haphazardly, screws not fitted in, lack of quality checks on work done etc
    etc]

Recently Noticed that my car has started to wobble [left to right movement ]when
    its in first & second gear & gets less as i pick up on speed & higher gears.

What could be the cause of this, could it be the tyres or a minor puncture[
    tyres are filled with nitrogen @ 30 PSI & visually look ok]
    or a wheel balancing problem

Have completed 33,000 kilometers & my car is 2008 model.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    do your wheel balancing in some tyre shop they will do it more accurately than tass.
  3. had similar problems with my uncles estilo
    we got it checked several times for wheel bearings damage, wheel alignment and balancing..but it didnt get corrected
    Finally got Michelin tyres fitted and the wobble has gone..
    Jk tyres have this problem of wobbling after 25 to 30K kms as confirmed by a tyre dealer
    Try to locate the source of wobble viz front or back tyres.
    What about high speed handling,Does the streering shake??
  4. paliomjd08

paliomjd08

when i drive the car at higher gears/speed, the wobbling gets less.there is no problems in steering.
    but let go of the wheel on a straight road & the car moves towards the left side gradually.
    currently am using bridgestone tyres which came factory fitted.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the wheels aligned and balanced from a reputed wheel aligment shop. This should solve it.

Plus, get your tires checked for any deformity.

Gurjinder
  6. probably wheel alignment/balancing problem
    go to a bridgestone shop and get ur tyres checked..