1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car with lock sign on MID in my punto MJD Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vikastwister, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I guess the light comes mainly for Active and older dynamic models for rest of it it will be ABS or Airbag failure light displayed.

Pls chk the battery with local vendor for its charge else check with FASS.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    No its not on active. My Punto Emotion 2010 getting the same error frm last week along with this Check glow plug is also appears in btw frm past few days.

Not gotting time to visit FASS. Aft seeing so many member facing the issue. 1st thing this week would be to check the battery.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It's battery problem. Get it changed ASAP. Glow Plugs die when they don't get full voltage to function if you don't change battery now all four glow plugs would die.
    I postponed battery change and it resulted in 2 glow plugs getting bad. While changing one plug came out cleany but other one broke inside head. This winter I would have to get the head opened for removing that plug. Been driving around with glow plug error flashing on MID from many months.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Got to knw the problem today. When checked the battery voltage found 11.87 and at crank went too low at 8.44....going to a known battery shop this weekend and get it checked again.

Current battery is 50amps, what shud be my new battery amps? Pls suggest

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Go for DIN 55 or DIN 60 if its an mjd.
  6. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    When did you check battery fluid level last time by removing all top screws? It may need top up with distilled water. 50-60 kms daily run is more than sufficient to keep battery charging OK. For last four months, I am unable to run my Punto except on Sundays, but there is no such indication. My car is 17846 kms old.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  7. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I saw the yellow lock sign once. before that I saw an ebd failure error.i had serviced last in April of this year.i thought they take care of the battery during the servicing
  8. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    I was facing the same "lock" sign problem for last couple of days. when i checked the battery. Fluid levels were fine. but voltage was dropping when starting the car. Normally it was 11.27 but during ignition it dropped to 7.4. That was the issue .....

replaced original exide battery (exacly after 4 yrs ) with Amaron 555 ( 55 Ah) with 2+2 yrs warranty in 4400/- ( with old battery)

Starting time is reduced a lot!!!..
    1 person likes this.