1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Wax Polishing Machine

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Viny, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    instead of directly applying polish on the surface you put in on the machine so that it doesnt spill over due to the action.
    secondly after applying polish to whole car you have to wait for 50 min for polish to dry. it will give you whitish appearance all over.
    then take a cotton waste and remove the excess polish by hand. you will see a perfect layer of coat.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Guys,

Be careful while using these machines. If the pressure applied is slightly uneven it may harm the body surface. These machines are suggested to be used by professionals not to say that we ourselves can't use it as DIY but be careful.
  3. hey bro could you explain how it would harm the surface??
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well i think, starting of with very gentle polishing and then learning ahead from there is the key to success i guess.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The issue is if the pressure exerted on the machine is more or if the machine is kept on the same spotfor more time than required, it can burn off the paint finish.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no issues at all. its very simple. it cannot harm the body. you have to put a microfiber cloth on the rotor, dont use the motor sponge.
    mainly no need to exert any pressure on the machine. keep the machine on the surface and push it. its own weight and buffing action does the trick and gives even layer of coat.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Is any Waxing or such treatement done in New mumbai?
  8. willsmorke

willsmorke

USA
    Car Wax is a generic term that has been used to describe products containing organic. There are many things that determine the durability of a particular car wax. Quality of preparation prior to waxing, Frequency and method of washing, and Amount of UV exposure.
  9. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    I have orbital polisher and it works best with liquid polishes. Wax / cream polishes tend to stick on the pad. The results often does not matches with the type the professional rotary or cylindrical polishers.
  10. sibuve

sibuve

trivandrum
    I bought the powermaxx orbital polisher hoping it will give me some good results but ... it instead gave me streaks , luckily they were just wax streaks that dimmed over time.Its just a waste, stay away from these as it is not so easy to use and might just screw up ur paint job. But if you have made your mind up to buy one, get one with variable speed but use it with caution and dont press hard or keep it at one place for a long time.