1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash with Minimum use of water!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by me_at_fiat, Mar 11, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Great, Ramesh. How much of an effort does it take in comparison to say washing a car with a hose and a bucket? I guess we save on water, labour and also time.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It takes less effort, Sai. Good part is that the dirt goes away so easily and it is indeed entertaining to wash the car. :D
    Trust me, you will enjoy your car washing at home.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ramesh,

Only problem i have with Aquatek 100 is tap to machine water hose/pipe, it is keeps coming off although i am using metal clips.

Any better way to manage it?
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I missed to mention Sat in the previous post. It is him who suggested me that price at Metro Cash & Carry would be the lowest and also gave good feedback on the product. Thanks, Sat. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Metro Cash & Carry also sells a connector which costs Rs. 65 only. I am using this connector and absolutely no problem and it is working like a charm.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Can you post some pictures of the connector?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sure. Will do it this evening.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

8. If car is just dusty, use jopasu duster to take off all the dust. Use a 2mm paint brush to dust off the tight spots like grills and air vents and door hinges. Use waterless wash liquids ( available in market ) like the ones selling by ULTIMATE DETAILERZ. Its used in a spray can and 1 bottle can last for nearly an year.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This technique works in the summers, but not during the rains. Even during the rains, you can just manage to keep the body clean. The chassis needs first attention, which many people overlook.

These pressure washers use just 1-2 buckets of water to blast off the dirt from the under-chassis followed by a rinse.
  10. I agree to this completely. But many cannot afford pressure washers and many live in apartments where there wont be power connection to use power washers. For those who cant use power washers, washing the underbody at a service station is recommended atleast once a month in rainy seasons.
    1 person likes this.