1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash with Minimum use of water!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by me_at_fiat, Mar 11, 2013.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Dear All,

I normally used to wash my car after every 1 week.
    Steps followed were
    1. Rinse
    2. Shampoo
    3. Rinse
    4. Dry it out
    5. Wax with Turtle (every 2 months)

But, in last couple of weeks after watching the news channels about the water scarcity in maharashtra it really makes me think, if i could avoid water wastage. Yesterday i went prepared with all the stuff to clean my car, but last moment backed out by just cleaning all the windows. It's just a month of march and people are facing tough time for daily drinking water. Most of them do not have access to drinking water. Water scarcity is so bad that in some rural areas people are taking a bath once in 5 days. They have started selling there cattles.:sadblue Just because they are not able feed them. Here in pune, in most of areas all the housing complexes are depended on water tankers.

Where on other side i see people washing their car's/bikes lavishly with the xxx amount of water. When i took my bike for servicing, even he told me that he is depended on water tanker (costs 700/- for 10K ltrs). This all really made me nervous. I know few people will think I am fool, but watch those live footage and they speaks thousands of words.

That's the reason i want to start this thread, to create some awareness about water usage and at the same time find some effective method to clean the car with out damaging the beauty. So are there any ways with which we can clean her with the minimum water usage??? do we have any innovative ideas:clapping??
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

If the car is dusty - and not really dirty, use a Jospasu duster to get the dust off. Only specific areas with mud/dirt can be isolated, washed with shampoo and rinsed.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    when i conversd with anoop, he told me that he has washed his car may be only a couple of times in his ownership, but used a variety of detailing products !!! check with him, he has explained in detailing thread.
    btw this is a good product, just spray it and wipe it, yield good results :MeguiarsDirect.com:Quik Detailer® - 16oz Quik Detailer® .
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@ME_AT_FIAT:

I may be one of the few guys who have washed my car only a handful of times during my entire ownership - I am glad to see that you are concerned about the water wastage, though my reasons for avoiding water wash were entirely different.

Try getting your hands on ONR (Optimum No Rinse) – I use this to clean my car. What I do is – a quick clean with Jopasu, followed by a spray and wipe using ONR, unless the car is really muddy. If the car is really muddy, then there is no other go than doing a water wash.
    2 people like this.
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    @anoop
    That's fair enough. Though i knew about Jopasu from last 6+ years i never bothered to use one. Now i think i have seen this product here on TFI only. I think i will give it a try.

Though i knew about these product, at the same time i wanted to create some awareness about using the water carefully. Hope after seeing this thread may be a person who is using 20ltrs of water to clean the car might reduce it to 10ltrs. I think in that case our purpose is served to a lot extent.:-D
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Guys, just bought a Karcher K2.110 from Snapdeal for the price of 12 washes from 3M. And am 200% confident I can better them at that. ;)

So guys who are interested in DIY washes, please order from Snapdeal right-away and use coupon AUTO10 at checkout.

EDIT: Thanks for the inspiration, NishantNag!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats. I will borrow it sometime, if you and the equipment are in Bangalore :D

Rajan
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You are welcome to borrow it anytime Rajan. :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I recently purchased Bosch Aquatak 100 from Metro Cash & Carry in Bangalore. Cost. Rs. 7999. They also gave a tool kit free.

Actual Product
    bosch-aquatak-100.jpg

Toolkit which was given as free

20130922_132434.jpg

20130922_132637.jpg

20130922_132822.jpg

I have already started using it and it is just awesome. Recommended if you are interested in a home car wash solution.
    6 people like this.