1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash and detailing centers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks for reminding about the MRF tyre Drome. Wanted to discuss about it. The last time I went there , they weren't opened but were setting up the boards. I found something like Completely automated wheel alignment,something like a human need not adjust the wheels to make it aligned. Computer does everything.

Are they open now?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Anything related to the name MRF is scaring me now a days. :(
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn, this place is definitely worth a try. Seems to have lot of never before hi tech stuff.

tyre_dromemain.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    It has been more than a year since I got my car and I could definitely see that it has lost its whiteness and looked dull when it stands beside another white car like I20
    With two wheelers brushing all around the car every now and then the car had developed many scratches over the days. Added to this there were stains which simply refused to go in
    areas like car door hinges, bottom of the door that is the part below the door panel, area below the under bonnet cladding etc. I have also not waxed my car ever in my ownership nor any other detailing.
    I just take my car for water wash whenver it becomes dity. And ya not to mention the ugly swirl marks which were all over the car.

Hence it was time for me to take my car to 3M for advanced paint sealant treatment.Advanced paint sealant treatment includes Foam wash, tar removing, claying, rubbing, polishing and Waxing.
    With some bit of research found that 3M Nungambakkam is the best in Chennai.

Booked and appointment for a Sunday evening at 3 P.M. Went there at the specified time and was welcomed by the manager Dushy.
    They thoroughly inspected the car and showed me all the scratches and paint chippings that were there which even I did not notice all these days.
    They also explained me in detail regarding the work that needs to be done. I showed them all the stains that were there and they assured me that they will remove them all.
    I asked them whether they will remove the under bonnet cladding and do the treatment there for which they said
    that they generally don't remove anything like this from the car but obliged for my request.

Attention to detail was excellent. They masked all the parts of the car that might get damaged during the process.
    As the under bonnet cannot be done with the machine they did it by hand. I really appreciate the hard work without any hesitation.
    Total time spent on my car was more than 5 hours with me pointing out every nook and corner. I was very needy and they served all my requests with a smile.
    They also cleaned the interiors well and also polished the plastic panels.

And the final outcome? Let me put it this way. Now I touch and feel her before taking her out every day :)

Cleaning the dust with Jopasu duster has become so easy.The duster just slides away and so do my palms when I touch her:)

I'm totally in love!

BEFORE
    1.jpg
    2.JPG
    AFTER
    3.jpg
    BEFORE
    4.jpg
    AFTER
    5.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg e.jpg f.jpg g.jpg h.jpg i.jpg IMG_2713.jpg IMG_2720.jpg IMG_2735.jpg j.jpg k.jpg l.jpg m.jpg n.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent Job. Time to get alloys for your car. :)
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn,

Yes, I'm waiting to hit the 30 k mark. I'll at least upgrade to 15inch steel rims if not alloys :)
    Car is on 25k now
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Naveen go for steel rim's. Even i am thinking about to go back to steel rims.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Steel rims - Looks average. Easy to maintain. Less cost for balancing.
    OE Alloy - Looks awesome. Costly. Prone to bends.
  10. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    How much it costed you? I am planning to do the same with my car.