1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash and detailing centers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Ya I know, Just wanted to post it here so that it might be useful for some who just want a simple wash. I will be taking my car to 3M nungambakkam the weekend before the factory visit :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I saw this new shop called CARZ in OMR Thoraipakkam chennai. When googled it seems that they are a chain of centres famous in hyderabad. They are not just detailing shop but multibrand service centre as well. Thye say "cars from big names like BMW, Lamborghini, Maserati and Bentleys can be serviced under one roof"

CarZ Forays into Chennai
    CarZ | Home > Multi-brand car repairs and servicing | car denting & painting | car wash - Hyderabad

Carz-chennai.jpg
    Planning to go there for a wash. Will check and share the results with you guys.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I went to carz OMR today to get my Punto a car wash.
    I stayed along with the car during the entire period.
    They used wurth car shampoo for the wash.
    the only con is that they don't have provision to clean the car from underbody :O but the pressure equipment they have is enough I guess. It looked like a big gun.
    The interiors were cleaned with high powered vaccum cleaner.
    checks were done by the supervisor after the wash was done using a checklist.
    They also cleaned the engine bay with wet cloth and sprayed water on it once horizontally for a second and dried it with cloth and a blower.
    Charged 400 rs overall.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

P.S This is the first time I got my car wash done so I can't compare it with other ones.
    1 person likes this.
  4. I have no other options than two.. One is the Service centre where they charge me Rs.300 for an exterior wash[Only water] and an interior vacuuming. The other one is the "Mr.Clean car spa" and is the best in Salem. They charge Rs.450 but it is not up to the mark as chennai people do.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is third and best option for you. Do it yourself. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Couldn't make out clearly by seeing the pictures. But, the way the car is washed and the way the employees act in 3M is totally different. They exhibit more professionalism.
    2 people like this.
  6. Two days ago, I had to wash my car at Concorde, ECR. Answer to "why I washed my car there?" question is a long story (in short - time, ignorance, fate, etc,..). Surprisingly, after wash wipers behaved well this time, but the quality of material they use is still pathetic. For 500 Rs they charge, it is not worthy though. Again, I strongly suggest do not to get your car washed Concorde ECR.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :shocked

Are you joking? People are hesitant to get their car washed from TASS even when they do it for free. I am shocked to know that you paid Rs. 500 for your Punto for a car wash at a TASS. Even the 3M charge less than this for a professional wash.
    1 person likes this.
  8. That is a best option Ramjn.!:)
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Re: Suggestions on Car washing centers - Chennai

Agreed. I tried booking an appointment with 3m this weekend but they were full and its difficult for me to make it on a weekday. I guess they mostly dont take cars for foam wash on weekends.

Theres this place called bumpin car care at virugambakkam. They charge 800 for a steam wash and polish and 2000 if waxing is to be done. As my car is 12k on odo and will be going for a service soon thought i will settle for a simple foam wash.

http://bumpincarcare.com/car-wash.html

I was kind of feeling down at office today so just took my car to this carz to rejevunate my car and myself:)

Carz is actually a car service centre and not detailing centre like 3m. They also have a paint shop. May be we could give it a try in case we want to fix some dent or for painting. I also saw them servcing a tw linea.

If proffessional detailing 3m car care nungambakkam any day

And yes DIY is the best option for people like us who wants the car squeeky clean all the time. Got my self a handheld 800w vaccum cleaner yesterday for a start ;) will move on to polishing and waxing in the coming days.

tasting the Italian delight!
    2 people like this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Car Cares on OMR does a fantastic job for Rs. 450. Not as top notch as 3 M but they go an extra mile by throwing in Underchasis and Engine Bay cleaning within the same price.
    Plus they are a bunch of nice people who pay attention to detail.