1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash and detailing centers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Car cares is bang opposite Waves showroom.

If you're travelling from Lifeline hospital towards Tidel park, look for next available U turn and look for the board and also the black opel corsa parked on the road.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks. I know where Waves it, that helps. I spoke to them at the number you sent me but unfortunately they are closed on Sundays. I will go there some other day, getting my Jopasu and ONR out for a quick clean up.
  3. Today I visited the 3M at Kodambakkam high road for a foam wash. To shortly put it, I was pleasantly impressed by their workman ship and so too, the attention they give to give that fine quality to the work they have performed.:D
    Rs 444 well spent. I reached there for my 3pm slot and left the place by 5 pm. (well, only glitch being after the foam wash session, me and my car directly landed into a rainy chennai evening, which means... by the time you get home, your car dont that 'that' look any more - except the feeling! ) Grrrr..:mad:
    Thanks Ramesh and others for your inputs, which made me try this out.
    Thanks to Sree, now I 'may' try the interior / exterior freshening package too,...just may ! Had a lot of Chit Chat with the manager Mr Doshy - a fine person with a lot more than just a helping hand. He told me about a few more services he intend to provide there.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Help needed urgent. Car bumper, windshield, rear view mirror shells have dirt grim.

Hi All,

As my Title line mentions, i want to keep the subject short, i recently opted for exterior package which includes exterior washing, engine bay cleaning, interior vacuuming and surface polish from a reputed person (company /shop rather) and was charged Rs. 1500/_

During delivery time itself i witnessed deep multiple scratches in the C pillar (right side) (damage was numerous small dings and all damaged areas were exposed till the bone i mean steel) which was unknown to me earlier , upon questioning, the responsibility was not at all taken and was blamed that Bikers would have done it outside somewhere, though i was 200% sure that no biker stays close to my parking either in office nor at home. i was very disappointed.

Secondly, after a couple of days of taking delivery i saw tiny/minute black soot kind of dust particles that have got lodged in the entire front bumper area/ Entire front windshield/ Both rear view mirror shells. i was shocked to witness it . the whole surface of the car in the affected areas appear dull and rough to feel and the soot/dust/grim whatever would not budge from a soap wash , brutal clawing with finger nails dis lodges one or two of it.

I suspected that the cleaning was not done in a complete manner and polish or a cleaning agent was applied and left as it is before delivery which caused such as shabby look to appear due to driving in the dusty mount road.

Upon inquiring the service guys from whom i got the cleaning done, rejected my ideas and say that some one some where might be doing a paint spray job and that would have come in the air and has settled down evenly across all areas. Even a child or a teenager can make out from the explanation given by him how fake it was and how irresponsibly he was answering for not taking the blame. I was even more shocked when he bargained to rectify the whole problem for a additional cost of 2500 Rupees.

I have decided not to go to him for my lifetime here after. But i cannot leave the problem as it is. I shall post pics of my affected Punto shortly, i am terribly disappointed, i expect support from you guys at this juncture. Thanks in advance.
    Sriram.R
    Punto MJD - Feb 2012 model.
    BNW.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Just called Car Cares and they have discontinued all the older packages. For a Punto, They only have a Foam wash plus that costs 400 now. It includes exterior water wash, interior vacuuming and exterior plastic polish + wheel arch cleaning.
    Since it may rain again tomorrow, I am heading to the parking with my bucket and car shampoo now :)
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys i'm currently in chennai. Staying in Manapakkam. My black car has turned dark brown and the inside is no different as well..
    please suggest any car wash close by...
    Full address or a route map would be really helpful..
    I'm staying here for a few more days so cannot see my car this dirty at all
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Welcome to Chennai Mr. Black! Black Cars in Chennai are bound to look brown LOL.
    Your nearest option is the Shell Petrol Pump in Porur. Just a 10 minute drive. They offer a basic water wash and interior cleaning and that should be enough as you are going to be in Chennai for a while. In case you are feeling for your car, call up 3M in Nungambaakkam. https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=MIOT+Hospital,+Ramavaram,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu&daddr=3M+Car+Care,+SH+113,+Nungambakkam,+Chennai,+Tamil+Nadu&hl=en&sll=20.984928,82.752628&sspn=43.000963,86.572266&geocode=FSSwxgAduonHBCGSl09Ju5Gl4ylhBnWh0mBSOjGSl09Ju5Gl4w%3BFVkrxwAdoG3IBCFoV727Sbe8QSkloVBYQ2ZSOjFoV727Sbe8QQ&oq=3m+car&t=h&mra=ls&z=13
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I know the shell bunk very very well.. On day 1 i had requested them to let me park my car there until i finished dinner (at Dominos) just a jump away.. ;-)
    (Hopefully that's the one your talking about)

Thanks Relativity...
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Guys,

I saw a deal in carnation for
    " Let Your Car Sparkle and Shine! Pay Rs 150 for Complete Car Wash, 25 Point Check Up and Monsoon Protection Check Up worth Rs 800 @ Carnation "

Give Your Car a Pamper Session with 81% off @ Carnation

Is it worthy? Has anyone tried it? For 150 bucks it is really worth a steal. Even if they give just a water wash it is money well spent right?
  10. Yes. MyTVS too offers such schemes now and then. You can give it a try. As you said Rs.150 for just a plain water wash is a worthy deal ;)

But do not expect the wash quality to be in line with 3M or CarCares
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012