1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash and detailing centers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Forget Punto and Linea being in 'M', but Palio too is in 'M' when you go to 3M. Last time, I remember paying Rs.444/- including taxes for the foam wash at 3M some 3-4 months back.

Me too agree with ramjn that 3M is better value when it comes to interior and exterior.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So it is settled that 3M is better. Anybody has any experience with Shell Car Wash?
  3. I did the foam wash @ CarCares on friday. I'd say they do a very good job. But if you want to get both the interiors and exteriors, then it's 3M. For a quick body wash, CarCares any day ::T
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For quick body wash, If I have time, I prefer to do it myself. It will take 1.5 hrs for me which I did yesterday too. If there is no time to spare then it is worth. For me, I go out for complete cleaning once in a while for which car cares doesn't suit well for me.
  5. I tried Wurth @ Express Avenue, Basement 2. Not worth. To costly , 1000 for Exterior Dry wash and waxing. Though the outcome was nice, they were not professional and the personal touch was missing.
  6. I was also like that till I came to Chennai :( Lack of proper parking is forcing me to get my car washed outside. Really envy guys like you for this :sadblue
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I visited 3M car care at Nungambakkam for Foam Wash for my Linea. I was promptly received by them and even for this Foam Wash, they recorded a job card. They did the following as part of Foam Wash.

- Exterior body washed with 3M foam
    - Engine bay vacummed and cleaned
    - Interiors completely vacummed and all my floor mats washed.
    - Underbody was also cleaned

What I liked most at 3M car care is the attention to detail. They even cleaned minute areas like gaps in headlamp and taillamp assembly, Fiat logo and all other badges. As usual, I was invited to inspect my car after they completed their task. They asked me whether they want to cover anything else for me. I was completely floored by their attitude and service. Mr. Dushy (Manager at 3M car care) was extremely helpful and he was explaining to me about all their new products. Finally, I was charged Rs. 395 + taxes, totalled to Rs. 444. For this money, I think they have done wonderful job.

20120722_181348.jpg

20120722_190729.jpg

20120722_190751.jpg

20120722_185133.jpg

20120722_193141.jpg

20120722_194859.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    4 people like this.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    oh incredible ramesh!!!

thats a damn cheap for all the work...
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I still haven't seen any reviews on Shell. Did anybody try it at 350 for Interior and Exterior detailing?
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    can somebody post the exact location and phone number for Car Cares? I live near Lifeline Hospital but don't know where is HCL.