1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car wash and detailing centers in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I request all to share any good car wash shops in Chennai which you have experienced. Personally, I like the foam washing from 3M car care at Nungambakkam. But, they charge a bit on a higher side at Rs. 380+taxes. Good thing about them is that they use only microfibre clothes and washing is done very professionally. I just wanted to see if anything is available on similar lines at Chennai. Please share.

Address :

3M Car Care
    Kodambakkam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai- 600034
    (Opposite Hotel Palmgrove)

I think it may be worth sharing few pictures. Their Foam Wash is a 5 step process.

IMG00019201201211138.jpg

Wash1.jpg

Wash2.jpg

Wash3.jpg

Few pictures from other forum.

3M2.jpg

18122011035.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I have used 3M but they are crowded on weekends. Other than that I asked at Shell Porur and they quoted 350 for exactly the same type of wash as 3M. Have not used it though.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. They are crowded on weekends. That is the reason why I wanted to know if there are such shops in Chennai who do a professional cleaning. And also, Nungambakkam from my place is too far.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Please try Car cares in OMR, they do much better job than 3M and more customer friendly. The two times I've been there it was all talk and nothing on the job and their attitude was seriously pathetic.

Foam wash at Car cares is only 150.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I called car cares today. They have two packages for Exterior and Interior. For exterior wash they charge Rs. 300 and for interior cleaning they charge Rs. 350 for Linea. I may try with these guys tomorrow. I will update in this thread.

But, teky, I disagree on your observation on 3M car care. I don't know why you had bad experience there. I did the paint protection with them and I was completely floored by their service. And also when ever I call Mr. Dushy there, he is very responsive and always been helpful. Recently, I called him to enquire about installing CR 70 sun film on my car because of this tint drive. He explained everything and finally he politely asked me wait for couple of months instead of installing the films now. This is something I hear very rarely from a sales guy.

Never tried this Sun. But, I prefer seeing my Linea cleaned by a human hand :).
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    And for my Punto it should be my hand. :D
    2 people like this.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Guys, let me know about Car Cares. Where exactly is it located on OMR as I live on OMR?
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I went to Car Cars at OMR last Saturday. I called in the morning and got the appointment at 12 PM. The person who spoke with me (Mr. David) told that Linea is under 'M' category and they would charge Rs. 300 for machine wash and Rs. 350 for quick interior cleaning. Since, I have never tried with them, I decided to give a shot.

I reached Car Cares sharply at 12PM, which is located just before the HCL Technologies, Perungudi if you are coming from Tidel Park. Mr. Praveen who is the manager there, invited me and asked to sit at the lounge. On a contrary, Mr. Praveen told me that Linea comes under 'L' Category (350 for exterior wash and 400 for interior cleaning). But, he agreed to charge me for the 'M' category this time since it was told me that way. So, ideally for a Linea it would have been Rs. 750 in total for the Exterior Machine Wash with foam and tyre dressing. Interiors will be vacummed, floor mats will be cleaned and all plastic parts will also be cleaned. They started the work and I stood by my car to see what is being done. They indeed did a very good job. They used only the Micro fibre clothes for the wiping. The whole job was done in less than an hour.

Car Cares Vs 3M Car care

Since I have visited both these places, here is what I feel.

- 3M Car care is more professional with their work.
    - The quality of work done is almost same.
    - I would still recommend 3M Car care if you reside nearby to that location. For Linea, they would charge Rs. 345 + taxes, which includes foam wash, and basic interior cleaning with dash board dresser as well. I feel, 3M is more VFM.
    - Will I visit Car cares again? Yes. given the fact that it is near to my home than 3M.

Apart from this they have two other options for the car wash.
    Quick Wash - It is just a body wash and wiped with the cloth. Rs. 100.
    Foam Wash - Normal body wash with foam. Underbody will not be covered. They won't use Meguiar's product as well. This is charged at Rs. 200.

What is puzzling me is, the Machine wash which costs Rs. 350 for Linea doesn't include basic cleaning of the interiors and the floor mats. This is what making 3M car care more VFM.

CarCare2.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Good Ramjn, you done underbody wash also ?? So your opinion is 3M :)

In Velacherry - TBM road you can find balaji agency , they do a decent car wash , They have ramp so exterior meaning both outer and under body wash covered @ 250 i think not sure , i have also read once about this in TFI review, not sure who ..