1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car transportation through Movers and Packers.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by aashish_19, Aug 17, 2012.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,

One of my friend is shifting to hyderabad and he want his car to be also shifted. Is it safe to transport car through Movers and Packers?? and if yes then which we should go for and what are the precaution we need to take care of. Gone through the reviews but seeing lots of complaint regarding this .

Kindly advice!!!
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I think you're best bet would be to actually pack it off in a train rather than by road.
    The reason is (and this is purely my personal view) I feel it will be safer on train as the compartments wont be opened once its filled up.. By road its difficult to imagine this.
    Also its going to be cheaper by train than by road
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1. By Train is much cheaper.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have moved cities a few times. I have used services of Allied Lemuir and Agarwals. Allied Lemuir is better than Agarwals, but still using a mover and packer would be a bad idea. If the vehicle can be driven to Hyderabad nothing like it. Else try train as suggested by everyone, but be sure to cover car properly (not sure how that can be done)
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Train is the best way of transportation , if its on wheels sure your car will become in bad shape as there will be more shakes which will loosen up all the parts inside and outside tha car and your original condition will go off. sure you can't get it recovered in any TASS :)
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    My experience is that there are no issues in shifting car with movers and packers of repute. I sent my earlier car to ahmedabad in a packer who is a transporter to car manufacturers. A usual one.
    1 person likes this.
  7. when the first time my dad sent our santro to bangalore from bengal through agarwal packers and movers there was a goof up.When the car landed in bangalore,they called me to pennya to pick up the car,when I go there I find a wagon-r waiting for me instead of the santro,they did a mistake by putting the wrong tag on it.
    It took them 4 days to locate my car and deliver it.
    now i always prefer driving over transporting..i simply love it..
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    :lol:lol:lol:lol

You made me laugh at 1Am .. This is hilarious
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Ha ha ha , what a miss, had it been a Punto I am sure you would take the delivery without qustion :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Aashish, Rather than going to Packers & movers hire a driver if required and ask your friend to drive till Hyd as NH7 is preety good road. If something happen to car by moving, it will be really bad.

When I moved to US last year, I drove my car to my hometown and hired a driver. Payed him INR 3000 and Train ticket from Kharagpur to Hyderabad. He came with my Brother & all of 3 left Hyd for my Hometown. He and myself drove my Car and we really enjoyed it ( 1525 KM).. :)