1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car to buy within 10 Lac. ex-showroom

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by RKSigh, Jul 2, 2017.

?

Car to buy

1. Vento Comfortline 1.2 Petrol AT

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.6 MPI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.5 TDI

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Fiat TJET 125S

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. RKSigh

RKSigh Timido

bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear Sirs,

I am reading this forum for last 3 months and find you advice people very neutral and very good. Looking for all your advise to choose the right car and book by next week.

I am 45 + executive and need to buy a sedan car ASAP. I stay in Bangalore for last few yeas. The car ex-showroom cost must be within 10 Lac. (including discount). The main use will be :
    1: City Drive - 20 KM (Home to Office and back) - 80%
    2. Hill - Ghat area drive : twice in year : 1500 KM max. - 20%

I donot know petrol or diesel car to take or not. Anything is good for me.

My objective:

A car with :

1: Less yearly service cost
    2: Very safe car with good build quality.
    3: Easy to drive in City.
    4: Good fuel mileage

Verna/ City not considered at all at family donot like them.

Took TD for the following:

1> Tjet 125S :

Pros: Very safe, very good breaks, very good pickup.

Cons: Not easy to drive in City, As per the review it will cost me too much for fuel bill, Bit costly to maintain, leg space very less.

2> Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.6 MPI

Cons: Very good to drive, very comfortable in back seat, Nice look,
    Pro: Seems bit slow pickup but not sure.

3> Skoda Rapid Ambition 1.5 TDI

Pros: Very good pickup, Loved to drive in city & highway
    Cons: Vibration noticed, Notice noise ever what the ac on and all windows closed.

4> Volkswagen Vento Comfortline 1.2 Petrol AT

Pros: Automatic....I liked it as I will grow old I might need it in city drive. All others same as Rapid.

Cons: Seems highest in maintain cost among all the four option. ATF cost very high. DSG gear box not dependable????

* I need to keep the car (my only car) till the time possible.

2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Considering your age and your requirement to keep the car as long as possible, i would strongly suggest to go for automatic option.

The traffic conditions in metros like mumbai and bangalore are getting worse day by day and driving in such conditions takes a heavy toll on our health. You have also mentioned that 80% use of your car will be in city conditions. Therefore my advice will be, shortlist all automatic options available within 10 lakhs and choose from them.

3. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    If automatic then Vento 1.2 Comfortline and if manual then Linea 125s. But please make sure that the fiat dealer has stock in the yard , recent news I heard that there is a long waiting for Linea 125s due to next batch will start in approx 6 months.

4. Bala

Bala Esperto

If you can wait renault captur,if you can't lodgy?,reviews reveal great ride and space.

5. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Captur/kaptur is above 10L

6. RKSigh

RKSigh Timido

bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear Sirs,

Thanks a lot for all your advice and effort.

First the options I have written that based on the whole family choice and I would like to stick to the same. So no Cize, S cross ......Renault

After all TD my 1st choice is Vento 1.2 TSI but the story of 12-15 K yearly service cost, ATF oil cost and failure stories of DSG stopping me.

My second choice is Rapid 1.5 TDI. Driving was super in city and highroad. My colleague has the same and mentioned that the service cost also 8 K only.

Last option now Rapid 1.6 MT which I am ok..ok... or TJET 125S . But people telling me donot go for TJET as the very low mileage in City and high cost to maintain.

Can anybody on clear these confusions/doubts with real life experience.

Thanks in advance.

7. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @RKSigh Let me help you in the clear picture for the maintainance of the Tjet. This service interval plan is slightly old but you can get a rough idea from it. This is from R.S motors Mumbai. When you add all this price it comes to an approx of 15k/year. But this can be changed, You can go to Fiat Service center until warranty ends, and for Minor service you can do it locally which any mechanic can change oil and lubricants and you can find better brands in the market. For major service you can go back to Fiat Service Center. This way the service cost comes down. I can explain you more if you want in detail.

f83c7cf8-4ecf-4722-8ac3-5cf2509c7376.jpg

8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

@RKSigh

Hi there.

Tata nexon or Ford Ecosport, instead?

If you're going to keep the car indefinitely long I'd avoid VW and Skoda, which are as it is on the expensive maintainence side, and are in major limbo as far as the Indian mass market goes (nothing before 2019, etc.)

Given your location in bangalore I'd strongly urge you to take seriously the claim that FIATs will be easy to service well for the truly longrun, since localized and locally-priced Jeep-s have been/will be added onto FIATs for sales AND service. The t-jet, in multiair avatar, is being offered on the Jeep Compass too, after all, while the 1.3 and 2litre mjdiesels are in any case all too easy to service, at a fass or outside them.

Bangalore traffic is a great chore at the best of times, but far from being difficult to drive in (minimally flowing) traffic: the t-jet has immense driveability, with the ability to drive at remarkably low speeds WITHOUT a downshift from say 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd etc, since it is turbocharged. At least here for me in Dilli Gurgaon: almost makes an automatic redundant, due to far fewer gearshifts needed. provided one drives it with correct torque@rpm@gear to maximize the convenience and fe of the turbo engine. Diesel-like except with little to no 'turbolag', lesser torque but a better rpm range available, and thereby fewer gearshifts up or down overall. Bangalore may be more of a chore gearshiftswise, though: admittedly?

If the automatic option is decided by you all as a key criterion: please consider the launching-soon Tata Nexon, with the FIAT/MagnetiMarelli single-clutch automated-manual gearbox.

cheers, sir, and all the best decidin'

9. RKSigh

RKSigh Timido

bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Prabhjot Sir,

So kind of you. Thanks for all your advice.

But my like/mind/logic finally moving towards : Rapid 1.5 MT. No Tata pl. :(

Mooksh Sir,

Thanks a lot for sharing the chart.

Due to scare stories of Vento service cost, DSG failure rates Vento 1.2 TSI is out of my list now.

Now only two remain:

1> From looks wise(to me and my family), easy driving (to me), service cost wise (As per Skoda portal and from my colleagues experience- 7K-9K per year), Service center (very near to me - 3KM only) 1st choice : Rapid 1.5 MT.

2> For very strong breaks, nice pickup 2nd optice: TJET 125S but not as easy to drive as Rapid ..IMO. Car stopped 3 times in low speed in very slow speed city drive. :(

Yearly Service/Maintain cost seems same for both Rapid and TJET.

10. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @RKSigh You are comparing Skoda Diesel to Fiat Petrol ...Why...? Why can't Diesel compare to deisel and petrol to petrol. If you are saying that skoda diesel service cost and Tjet service cost are same then Fiat diesel is way cheaper to maintain. Just for a clear picture go to Fiat Showroom and ask for availablity of 125s it might be on waiting and as heard the batch will start after 3 4 months. So you have 1 clear option to choose on.