1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Selling Query

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by kb10, Aug 23, 2015.

1. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Dear All
    I will be selling my 2013 Punto 1.2 petrol(18k kms) soon as I might have to move out of India.I the same context I had got some quotations from First choice and VW( 2nd hand car buying wing).
    Apart from the low quotes which I got,I have some queries:
    - They mentioned that once he deal is finalised,they will be issuing the delivery note which is a proof that I have handed over the car to them and the liability for any damage or loss lies with them.
    - This is although,I would still be the owner of the car and once they buy the buyer,they would be transferring the car to his name.
    - They ensured that car will not be out on roads till that time and can believe them.

I do not completely believe them and since this is going to be my first experience in selling car,Iam not sure how to proceed.am also trying to sell the car on other forums(olx....),however,it might be possible that I might have to end up with them.

Considering that please let me know your experiences and feedbacks on the same and is it safe to go ahead with the dealer for the sale and what are the things I need to take care while doing so?

Thanks a lot
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro before I bought my Evo 90 hp we had sold or A-star in Delhi through Mahindra first choice and I feel that they are professional in this. Their quote was lesser than what I expected but it was for the mental piece of mind that we went through it. Once you sell it to them they will provide you some documentation that says that the car wouldn't hit the road until they find a customer and till that time it will be their responsibility. So until you get a good deal from am individual owner you can consider the likes of Mahindra and Carmax. Also why don't you advertise your Punto in the TFI classifieds?? Your car is almost new with a very less ODO and you might get a good deal. The only thing you need to take care is that you should transfer the RC once you get the token amount from the buyer.
  3. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Dear Friend,
    Thanks for your inputs.I would be soon putting my ad over here as well.He problem is my visa is still in progress and I don't have confirm dates yet.Not sure how that will work out and hence Iam doing some homework here if I want to sell.
    Its a relief to know that they would be genuine in their commitment.Since I might not be in India at that time,I was bit concerned.I think I had read somewhere that dealers at time do take them to road without our knowledge.Hence wanted to know the opinions and any experiences
    Will they provide the copy of the RC with new owner once they find it?
    As far as individual owner concerned,I think I would sign on the RC transfer form once I get the full payment.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @kb10

Precisely for that very reason of trust, it is always better to sell the car to an individual rather than a dealer/used car dealership. In case of an individual it is easy to complete the transfer formalities also.

In addition to what @Turbothinghy said apart from the financial deal, you definitely need to ensure that the ownership transfer formalities is initiated and you have a receipt of the same. Also once the ownership is transferred ensure to collect the copy of the new RC for your records.
  5. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I have tried different methods but settled on an established used car dealer because of to 2 main reasons.

First, the headache of selling to individuals through Quikr/Olx ads who keep coming and continue to bargain(one wanted to see my house also!) and second the pain of following up for the completion of all the transfer formalities as posted above. Unless you know the person you are selling to, you are always at risk unless you have an excellent follow up system. Individuals can just disappear and most times never complete all the formalities right up the handover of a copy of the new RC.

In these times it is better to have all your paperwork and records complete, just in case you need to prove that you sold the vehicle(there could be an accident of the new owner, or God Forbid something related to other news items coming in newspapers nowadays where the car is involved but is not yours now because you sold it...but you need to prove it!).

That is where First Choice (for example, and where I sold 3 cars in previous years) do an excellent job and even keep you posted about the status of transfer and paperwork right till the end. They hand over every last bit of paperwork to you including new RC copy, full verified address and photograph of owner etc.(not affiliated to or promoting this company if anyone has a doubt)

Also, and maybe it is just me, but the not so high prices that I sold my cars for, well I was getting about the same from individuals who answered through ads.

Oh last but best benefit, a place like First Choice pays you immediately through Demand Draft as soon as the price is agreed upon.

About local car dealers and brokers, some may be good some are definitely shady so it depends how well they are known, and how much you know about them.
  6. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    @Maxtor,
    Thanks a lott for your inputs.Iam of the smae opinion,especially with the fact that I might have less time between the visa processing and flying.
    I have already gone through VW and First choice.Any other reputed dealer on your mind in Pune?So far VW guyes are giving 50k more that first choice!!!!>
    With first choice it was last month and nobody followed up for negotiations.I believe I will get into more aggressive followup once things seem getting finalized.
  7. Sridhar165

Sridhar165 Timido

Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello kb10,

I am in market for an used punto. I recently sold my palio 1.2 sports and currently using my friends palio 1.6 GTX.
    How much you are expecting and what is the model?

Please let me know.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Please go through @kb10 's first post. You will get to know the model and mileage.
  9. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would prefer you to post in classifieds, olx, and quickrcars. There are many people who are waiting to buy Fiat in Second hand.. You can check your rough valuation in car wale and always add extra 20K to the price quote.. And Buyers will try to negotiate this and if yours is dynamic and you are seller selling to individual - it should go for 3.9K (if it is good)

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvaluation/ValuationReport.aspx?id=38484934&vt=2
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I hope you meant 3.9L. :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed: