1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car selection among Punto,Verito & Fiesta classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nesamani_27, Jan 12, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A diesel engine , by it's very nature and owing to the use of diesel fuel, is much more suited to staying idle without being used than a petrol. So, whatever the people are saying makes no sense. Today's modern diesels are even better than some petrols in matters of technology.

Your needs as of now point to the Punto. I'm 6 feet myself and find myself comfortable in the driver seats of both the Linea and the Punto.

As for the fuel efficiency, have a look at the fuel efficiency thread on TFI. You'll get to know the exact and real world figures.

Cheers.
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    If your budget is 7L you can also look at the following options:
    Sunny / Etios (since you short listed Verito)
    Another option can be Linea 2012 Active model. Test ride all of them and choose the one you are most comfortable in.
  3. nesamani_27

nesamani_27

I have seen the Sunny and Etios. I dont like both.
    I like Linea, But cost 8 lakh on road....dropped.

I have finalised to go for Punto Diesel. Which is best model for punto..? Which is best color...?
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I am using Verito since last too days. Its not at all comfortable vehicle. Also fit-n-finish is an issue for sure.

I suggest Punto.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    If you have finalized on Punto.. Congratulations... Punto is indeed a wonderful car to drive... I am actually in love with my car :)

Now coming to the model, if you can stretch your budget a bit, please please go for Punto emotion as it comes with Blue and Me and trust me B&Me is something to enjoy in Punto.. Afterall we buy cars once and keep them for few years theya re not like shirts and trousers :)

Punto dynamic is also a good choice and is features laden if budget constraints are there.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If your requirement is for a diesel go for the Punto

If fuel economy is not a requirement in that case you should go for the Fiesta Classic. It has one of the best ride and handling packages (although I feel that while making the transition from previous Fiesta to Classic Fiesta some cost cutting was done which compromises on the ride quality). The 1.6 ltr engine of this beauty is also pretty good and rev friendly, you can rev it pretty hard. There are a couple of downsides - looks are old fashioned and it will not give you an efficiency of more than 10 in city and 13 on highways. If you can get your hands on a 2011 model you should be able to get a good deal too
  7. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Go for Punto. Verito looks dated and Taxi image will be a free gift.Even though your usage is less, this Italian beauty will make you crunch more miles than expected..
  8. nesamani_27

nesamani_27

I have 2 choices, 1) Buying the fiesta classic now, and converting to CNG in future(if needed)
    2) Buying the diesel Punto....

Which is best in drivability, and comfort inside...?
  9. Go for Ford Fiesta. You will get a petrol sedan which suits your monthly running. Remember that pertol can always be converted to CNG if required. 1.6 of fiesta is also pretty good.
  10. Drivability and comfort will always go with Punto - for Drivers. Punto has one of the best driver seat in its class and also it has got independent suspension so drivability in all roads will be like a cakewalk. If you have a doubt drive Fiesta Classic and Punto back to back to feel the difference. Punto is one of the safest car in its segment. It will bring you home safe.
    If you but a petrol vehicle and convert for CNG it will cost you bucks and also the resale value for petrol will be much lesser compred to the diesel vehicles.
    If i were ill go for either Fiesta diesel or Punto Diesel.