1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car selection among Punto,Verito & Fiesta classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nesamani_27, Jan 12, 2012.

1. nesamani_27

nesamani_27

I have finalised the below cars within my budget of 7 lacks on road.

In Diesel
    1) Punto 1.3 Active/Dynamic = Rs 6.0 on road
    2) Verito D4 BSIII - 6.4 on road

Presently my running is low, So i will buy petrol sedan now & fit CNG/LPG kit if my running increases in future.

So i have my choice of 3)Petrol Ford Fiesta classic Clxi = Rs 7.0 on road

I am big confusion now, can anyone guide me correctly...?
    Plz...help me to finalise.
  2. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    usually Verito is used for taxi. if you don't have any concern regarding this , you can go for Verito. it is very good car , it is also a Good FE car. punto also a vary good car , but you will get sedan for hatchback price...
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    verito D6 is good than D4,but still its sedan at low price...
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are deciding on Petrol, I would strongly recommend Honda Jazz than anything else for your budget. A well refined, super silent, spacious cabin + 390 ltrs boot. Its an excellent package for the money we spend.

Here's the twist. Even if your running is low and planning for moderate and extensive usage after 1 or 2 years, Diesel makes more sense to me. For the Diesels, both Verito and Punto are good. Verito is truly VFM for its package. But, it has now got more of a taxi image and looks are a big let down. If you can live with that then go ahead with Verito. Punto is superior except for the inerior space offered by Verito.

Ride and Handling - Punto
    Dynamics - Punto
    Engine Refinement - Punto's MJD (although the 1.5 motor in verito is also good)
    Outright acceleration - Verito
    Spacious interiors - Verito
    Features - Punto
  5. nesamani_27

nesamani_27

I too like Verito. I dont bother its taxi image. Its VFM car.
    But inside, i felt uncomfortable.
    Can we add seat height adjustment in verito...?
    Also to improve the interiors, What else can be done.
    Like Leather seats,....then...?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you like Verito, just go ahead and buy one before you change your mind.

Installing seat height adjustment will not be possible.
    Leather seats will improve the interiors (Cost at least Rs. 30k).
  7. Fiesta classic petrol is not a FE engine hence it ll erode your pocket. If you want to go for a petrol go for Jazz. Verito is VFM but apart from that you ll not be safistifed as it is used either for taxi or urban mobility. I ll suggest you to go for Punto because of looks, refinement, handling and features.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Verito is less expensive as it is built to a price only. They didn't even bother to install the wiperblades in the correct orientation for a Right hand drive vehicle. But the space is good and it also has a boot. If these two variables are more important to your needs, then Verito it shall be.

Else, it is Punto all the way.

Make a wise decision!
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I found the verito to be peppier than Punto. Also the almost nil turbo lag was icing on the cake. That said the ride quality was bouncy and stability over triple digits was not up to the mark.

But comparing them is not wise because each one of them is created for different segment of buyers. The leg room and shoulder room is good in verito. So choose your priorities and pick the car.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. nesamani_27

nesamani_27

Thank u all...I m newly married & staying far away from my hometown. Only we two people to travel most of the time. I m 6ft high, so seat also shall be of good ht.
    Last is fuel, what happens if i buy diesel punto and run less..? People say, starting problem will occur...Is it so..?
    Jazz is good. But long waiting, so dropped.
    I want to go for the car with good drivability, high mileage, I should feel luxury & comfortable inside.