1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Security

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ancientmariner, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well nor do I have any codes for the blaupunkt unit.. But these days the robbers don't steal the HU of cars which come inbuilt..
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Yes. all cars that have the blaupunkt HU & the fold-able key get a white card (HU codes) and blue card (for key)
    these 2 cards are never to be kept in the car. always at home at a safe place.

Anyone else gets a hold of that, the HU can be stolen or worst, the whole car with a duplicate key. (gone in 60 seconds, the merc scenario where the dog eats the merc keys of the impounded merc's to steal)
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You have a point there. :wink:
    Santros and Scorpios top the list of stolen vehicles.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Aashya... Have to check the second keycode...:)
  5. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    I own a punto epk still want to install some kind of good security device in my punto as some one has stolen by brother in law's esteem yesterday so I am worried about my beauty please help me with suggestions
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

As long as a key is safe, no thief can start a Fiat Punto/Linea that's what an immobilizer is for. He WILL need the keys. Its the same tech used in europe.. probably the best security offered in the punto's price range..

Here in the UK, robbers break into the house just to steal the car keys!! And if the keys are taken from the house to steal the car, you dont get a insurance claim...

Esteem's (maruti's) dont have a sophisticated security from the factory. After-market security's also have a way around them.. professional car thieves know how to..
    You compare the keys, and see the difference.. no lock smith can copy a FIAT's key, but the esteem's YES.

Best is stock.. and since yours is a E-pk, better dont mess with the electronics.. just dont leave any valuables in the car if its broken into..
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  7. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Esteem also comes with a imoblizer even I tried with duplicate keys it does not start. Here in india theves even tow your vehichle, so I need a security system which can make sound if some one tries to mess with the car or any other new technology which is available