1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Security

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ancientmariner, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Anyone having an EPack ( or any variant) who has installed additional security components?
    Is it needed ? Would like to hear everyone's perspective.
    As far as I know, Punto Epack has the following security features
    - The key code
    - Steering lock
    - Central locking
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You're right. E Pack has those securities. THats why I have not gone for additional security though very initially I thought about Gear lock but then felt its not required
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use a steering lock which I got from Singapore.

More than anything else, it gives me some peace of mind - for what it is worth.

Johnny
  4. Hmm Yes that is my thought too. What about those 'impact sensing ones' . Not sure what they are called. The ones that let out a siren , God knows when. One car in my apartment let out that siren at 4 in the morning waking me up.!!

The bar kindda thing that you put across the steering?
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is not the type you find locally in which the bar extends so that it is parallel to the steering wheel.

Mine is the type which you clamp on to the steering wheel, and it has a short stubby bright yellow coloured bar (about one foot long) which extends over the car dashboard preventing the wheel from being rotated. Will post a picture later.

Since it is short, it fits neatly under the driver's seat when not in use.

Johnny
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is further to my earlier post.

I am attaching a picture of the steering lock.

[attachment=0:28p7qg2v]lock-01-resize.jpg[/attachment:28p7qg2v]
    Johnny
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

This is interesting! How much it costed?
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    +1
    And it looks very convenient unlike the rather cumbersome lever I have seen in some cars here.
  9. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

a quick query...
    what if you move the steering height up?? wont the lock give some left - right steering movements??
    And does the lock damage the leather finish??
  10. That looks quite compact. Repeating Grandeur's question : cost? make ? and where did you get it from?