1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Security.....

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by viveksonkhla, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As far as i know, i have never heard Punto/Linea stolen, Yeah they can open the doors with the Master Key, and take valuable things from the car as well as from the boot. But can never start the Car, As i know each and every time you start your car, the code gets changed....

You can get the Autocop security done but it is only used to open and close the door locks thats it. The keys made by FIAT will never wear inspite of using it more often, due to its design. I know my cousin having city his key has been worned out as its a simple key, now its extimated 12K for the Assembly.

We are driving a FIAT.... so relax and enzoi the drive.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. The key is just to open/close the lock physically. Actually it has a RFID device..as you bring your key close to the lock, the whole mechanism or verification starts...so if you use a duplicate key you will be able to open the doors, turn the ignition lock..but the ECU will not release the engine for use.
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Are you saying that the other key (non-foldable) that comes with FIATs won't be able to start the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. sabrina850

sabrina850 Timido

Pakistan
    have dark window tints and a good alarm / immobiliser system installed? that's the best thing to do if you don't want to change your head unit with a faceplate-off one..

1 person likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    We are not allowed to have it here in India.:cool: