1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Security.....

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by viveksonkhla, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Who in the right mind, except an enthusiast would steal a FIAT?
    You mean it is possible a Punto/Linea could be jacked, scrapped and sold by kg? I'm scared!
    Would an ordinary GPS tracker do the trick? Without any warranty / installation worries one could track the car's location once stolen?
  2. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    1 person likes this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Mates, I am also looking for an anti-theft device on my New Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD. Please suggest some more options with pricing. I am looking for something with maximum features under 10K, possible? Suggest me a place in Pune or Mumbai. Mumbai is preferable as I am in Mumbai most of the times. What I want from the device:

1.) Any door opens (after unlocking officially) the parking light should start blinking without noise. This includes doors, bonet and the boot.
    2.) Everything in point one and an additional alarm should go off if an unauthorized entry is made.
    3.) I should be able to track the vehicle if stolen.
    4.) Need loud beep sounds for locking an unlocking of vehicle.

Apart from this, if anyone thinks it is necessary to have more features, please help me with that as well. However, these are my basic requirements and anything above this is welcome and always be an advantage. Awaiting replies.
  4. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    No one has anything to say or suggest?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There are different models available with additional features at higher costs from Autocop which are quite good, check in the website or visit any Autocop dealer for more details.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can we have Gear Lock in Punto, i heard that only in Neutral gear we can have gear lock. What is the point of having it in Neutral gear??
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I have autotrackpro on my tata safari
  8. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Micro VBB has everything except an audio alarm, While installing i did asked about the same. I was told that while VBB was being planned, in one of their research the co. came to know that a silent tracker works better.

Check out youtube, you will see how thefts are done, even a car installed with an alarm. Once the jackers, listens the alarm, what they do is to reach the power source and pull the wires.

How i operate my VBB, at Night before going to bed, i give a command of "Arm", it switches Engine down, activates door and boot open alarm. till i give the opposite command from the same number.

God forbids, someone tows the car, the VBB can find the nearest Cell tower by command "Find" which police and cell operators use to track the location.
  9. hhmmm....very intresting. As Punto and Lineas are protected by this immobilizer, I always wanted to know if any Punto or Linea has been stolen ? Anyone of you have any information to share.. ?
    I never felt a need to get any additional security device on my punto.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I too would be interested to know if somebody knows if any Punto/Linea have been stolen. As per FIAL, these cars are unstoleable.