1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car roof top - paint it Black?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vishnu's, Aug 20, 2012.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vishnu.. of course it ll look beautiful in FTA punto. Make sure you do it in gloss black and not matt black. Post a pic of your car as well.
    BTW i Where are you located in tvm? I am also one of the elite group of 4-5 people who are having this FTA punto in trivandrum and was contemplating to do gloss black after getting alloys, which unfortunately didnt happen so far. You must have spotted me somewhere and can see my car's pic in TVM meet page.
    Here a friend of mine did partial gloss black roof vinyl on his BNW punto from Key point but they charged exhorbitantly @ 1500, where as u can do it cheaper at some other places. anyway, i havent met anybody who have removed this vinyl after a couple of years who can comment how the surface is after they removed it. If you are painting, 2 coats of gloss black + a coat of clear coat would set u back by around 2k. Choice is yours.
  2. mayank

mayank Amatore

@vishnu:- no its not mine..:D i just googled it and then applied my little photoshop experience..mine is BNW :D
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Varun- i was planning for gloss black only. will send a PM to you. may be we can meet some time :)

@Mayank - nice photoshop work buddy. I thought it was real :) any way if you could do that same with a different angle please post that :)
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

I will be happy to do it :D but while googling i could not find more than 3-4 good pics(with appropriate angle) of fox trot punto..may be i can do it better if you can PM me your own choice pics of your GP :) cheers!
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2.jpg
    Here you go mayankk.. try out on mine.. with blackened B pillars and smoked out headlamps and body colour door handles as well :)
    Photoshop is better than paint anyday :p lol !!
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Vishnu.. i think black roof will go with any car colour.. and agree with varun.. if ur doing it.. then only opt glossy black..
    and also get the the grills,wing mirros and fog lamps areas in black as well...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

yes.. B pillars too..

if u do head lamps and tail lamps..then u would be entering a entirely different world... I won't recommend.. unless u want a complete make over..
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    B pillars.. has anyone in the forum done with Bpillar colour. It would be interesting though
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    No. Please don't spoil the elegance of FTA by black roof. If you are too much tempted to do it anyways, then use vinyl. Atleast, you can peel it off.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Vishnu...

My Two cents...

to choose between getting roof colored or to get it Vinyled... go for Vinyl... You can peel it off anytime you want to...

Check attached pic of My Ride:car.... It has got Matt Black Vinyl done, though its BNW color car but still for your ready reference for Matt Black color Vinyl...
    One of my Friend got Glossy Vinyl done on his FGP's roof and I felt that Matt Vinyl looks Richer & Classy in comparison to Glossy Vinyl... Its a matter of individual choice though...

IMG02989-20120618-1153.jpg

My suggestion for your car - specifically for FTA color will be - Go for Carbon Fiber Detailed Vinyl... Its not Glossy and have got dark grey-Silver-carbon black tinge which would gel nicely with your FTA and even with your Hyper Silver colored Alloys... That would look classy...

But yes, I agree with most of others... You have to get your B pillars blackened, get Front Bumper's lower and upper grill blackened, get pillar between front lower and upper grill blackened (Matter of individual choice), get ORVM shells blackened, get Door handles blackened/Chrome to match with your Alloys(Matter of individual choice)... You even have to get your window glass films according to complete appearance of your car...

I am not good at photoshop so cant get these details done over a pic...:D
    1 person likes this.
  10. I have had my car roof painted Gloss Black..

Mine is a Grey Punto, so it goes well.

But what i have noticed is that it would look best on a BNW punto. Due to the contrast in colour schemes it suits the best.
    additionally, Punto is not a low slung car, hence, my black roof does not make that stupendous difference on the road.

But it looks nice.

It cost me 3500.
    fyi

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I have had my car roof painted Gloss Black..

Mine is a Grey Punto, so it goes well.

But what i have noticed is that it would look best on a BNW punto. Due to the contrast in colour schemes it suits the best.
    additionally, Punto is not a low slung car, hence, my black roof does not make that stupendous difference on the road.

But it looks nice.

It cost me 3500.
    fyi