1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car roof top - paint it Black?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vishnu's, Aug 20, 2012.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Dear All,

Please give your suggetions on the below 2 ideas:

1. I was thinking of painting the roof top of my Punto to Black. Car colour is fox trot azure. I am not sure if the black roof will gel with the colour of my Punto.

2. The Alloys are hyper silver(14"). Will it suit the car colour if i paint it to Matte Black?
  2. i have vinyled the roof top, if i get bored i can remove it easily. Painting cannot be undone that easily. Think about it and the cost involved in vinyling was just 1300 rs
    1 person likes this.
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Chetan - Thanks for the quick response. I just used the team painting as such. i am ok with vinyl as well. my prime concern is how a black roof will look in fox trot azure colour car. will it look out of place?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    vishnu,
    keep as it is... its pretty decent color,its hard to give such thoughts :D
  5. It might look like this. Sorry for the extremely shoddy editing, did it using MS-Paint in the office, under the boss's nose :p

edited.jpg

PS: The car is not mine. I found the original image from Google. Copyright of the pic belongs the respective owner.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If i may be frank here, Fox Trot Azure really is not the color to do such modifications.

It's an elegant color which deserves to stay that way!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    FOx trot Azure is not a colour which can accept mods. Its moreover an executive colour which should be left by itself. Any changes in the original colour will spoil the entire look of the car. In case you still want to experiment you can go for a vinyl roof which is removable . Mesh grille would also go with the car provided you check the mesh color first before painting it black.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am agree with Paji and Nimish :) Dont play with your car's beauty. You can think about the OEM front black color grill which comes with Active variant.
  9. mayank

mayank Amatore

IMG_1505 Large.jpg

This is how it will look with black grill and black fog lamps brackets..i think black roof on fox trot will look better only with these two things blackened...otherwise black roof alone won't please you much!! cheers!!
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Thank you all for your suggetions. Even i was not sure if Black roof is going to do any good on FTA colour.I think should drop this idea :) ,but in the pic Mayank posted it look good.

@ Mayank - Buddy is that you car? can u post a pic which has captured the roof fully?