1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CAR PROTECTION SYSTEM FAILURE - help required

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amitrane, Jan 20, 2014.

1. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    Hi All,

Recently from last month , I am observing "CAR PROTECTION SYSTEM FAILURE" warning light started flashing , intermittently. But it use to go off after single engine stop/start. From last couple of days it started staying permanently , & now it needs 2-3 stop/starts , before going off. This warning is not coming on MAR position. I have punto 1.3 FGT.

"If with the engine running the warning lightflashes, this means that the car is not
    protected by the engine inhibitor device"

This is i got from manual.

Is this major issue & do i need to go FASS immediately.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Amit, you have to go to FASS asap.

But the primary suspect is on Battery, I guess.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rounding up the usual suspect - How old is the battery? Get the voltages checked firstly. When the battery health deteriorates, the electronics get a severe headache in these cars.

Cheers.
  4. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    Thanks guys for your quick response . Battery is stock ,with almost 3.5 years . I will take it to FASS by weekend.

error_code.png
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Battery Change time. Happened to me. Folks on the forum helpmed me out with this . You can follow this thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrical-systems/11471-punto-warning-light.html

Drive safe