1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car problem during long Travels : What then?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    teky, I think the time of your visit to the service at Kolhapur spoiled the party?
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Well if you can tell us areas which are worrying you then we can surely suggest.

Areas - locations where you feel you will take your fiat car and fear that you wont get support there.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    All time in karnataka. Highly rare outside KA unless otherwise i marry a non-KA girl, which is hypothetical ;) :evilsmile
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    LOL that means you should be least bothered. Even if TASS wont be there our forum members are flooded in KA and will be more than happy to help you in the rarest chance of failure in your fiat car
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You've even bigger problems to worry then!

There is no RSA, No Extended Warranty.
    5 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hahaha lol speaking of experience yea? nice one sir.

- - - Merged Post - - -

oh tat is amazing to hear. I'm def at home (tfi)
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @ zen,
    but u will always have your Fiat to fall back to at such times ;) cant say that about other brands!!
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    as others have said it doesn't matter if there is fiat service centre in remote places or not. All that matters is rsa. I haven't used the fiat's rsa yet but all that i know is it is not dependent on the authorized service centres but the tie ups like my tvs. when you get stranded your call gets redirected to the nearest rsa provider and you will get the assistance. If they are not able to fix your problem then your car gets towed to the nearest service centre and its free if its less than 100 kms if im not wrong.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even it is outside KA you have two FRSA options. Fiat RSA and Father-in-Law RSA. I will bet the former will reach first.
    2 people like this.
  10. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I recently had a clutch failure in Pune while I was on a Maharashtra trip from BengaLuru.

I called up Fiat roadside assistance.
    Having suffered from the lazy TASS earlier, I was totally pessimistic.

But, this time, they did do well. My vehicle was towed to the nearest service centre soon [as per schedule] and then I had to speak to the SA there to get the work done.

The service is slow within the showrooms, sometimes!

But, come on! Fiat is far better than some of the other car-makers in terms of service and costs today! [I did not pay anything, since towing was free and a part was replaced under warranty!]
    3 people like this.