1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car polishing in India

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mescotc, Dec 1, 2010.

1. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

I like the product which is easy to apply, Don't eat paint, Long lasting and most important dust stick resistant.
    Polish product is NO No for me. Don't want to make any damage to Paint.
    Do any one has some comparison between various products?
    Currently I am using Formula1 Wax. 2-3 days back I got info about Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845). I will try it and then share the experience.
  2. sham

Better to go for Synthetic and Collinite combination. Below is some steps you i followed. As per my knowledge, i haven't seen any synthetic wax which is as much durable as Collinite, so there is so much positive reviews on it.

1. Clean you car with car shampoo
    2. Clay it if car surface has become rough.(Meguairs, Mothers Clay Bar)
    3. Remove swirl if needed, Megs UC, 105..
    3. Apply polish, if you need extra shine. ( Megs deep crystal/nxt gen, Mothers or turtle Platinum)
    4. Apply synthetic polish like Megs NXT 2.0, mothers FX, Zaino.., leave it for 12 hours curing
    5. Apply one quote of Collinite 845/476/915 Leave for curing for 12 hours
    6. Apply one more quote of Collinite. You car should be protected from 6 months(845) to 1 year(476).
    915 contains highest concentration of Carnauba wax than any available in market, basically makes your car shine more
  3. arka_prava

thanks,sunil it really helped ::T
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    hey guys,

One important piece of info i forget to mention abt Zaino in my last discussion:
    Zaino's mainstay is "Less is more",
    you require very less amount of product per application, perhaps its the only manufacturer to say use the product sparingly , the lesser u use the greater the results.
    for eg.
    a 236ml bottle of Z- 2 lasts More than 16 applications ,
    similarly a 177ml bottle of Z-cs Clear Seal lasts More than 48 applications!
    that makes Zaino really cost effective , and not to forget the Outstanding results it delivers !
  5. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

::D I think the product will expire before we use it completely.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

^^ Either Product or Car or We will ...

:evilsmile :evilsmile
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Sham..I just wanted to make a small correction..Collinite products are basically carnuaba wax based and they are not synthetic where as Zaino are synthetic.Well regarding synthetic & collinite combination that is a good option. Some say that you get better result. What you can do is wax it well with collinite and then apply synthetic above it so that finish lasts even longer and you would get the best finish. But being practical..I dont think anyone would want to try it that way :confused :helmet

@Sunil..Zaino and Collinite 845 are easy to apply as they are more of liquid base and Zaino will be more easier.Dust stick resistant, I am not sure, but water wont be sticking..Both doesn't do any harm to your paint and in fact they will protect paint.Since you have almost finalised Collinite 845 you can give a try and see it for yourself. Please do post pics. Even I will be updating mine hopefully by mar 1st week. Need to give my car for service and clear up some patches before waxing. :car
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Good joke !
    ::D ::D ::D

But , Jokes apart

Zaino products has a shelf life of upto 5 yrs. so need not worry here.

So, Viny u said it right, Ur car may expire but not the product,

U can use the same product for ur nxt car !

9. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

::D Yes It was a Joke !!!!
    What I did was just taking 6 months life for one quote and
    a 236ml bottle of Z- 2 lasts More than 16 applications , (will last 8 years )
    similarly a 177ml bottle of Z-cs Clear Seal lasts More than 48 applications! (Will last 24 years ::OO )

Stopping this useless off topic discussion.

Synthetic car wax is gaining in popularity because it is more durable than traditional carnauba car wax. The majority of synthetic car products are manufactured with special silicone polymers that bond to the surface, allowing it to better shield the paint. Carnauba wax, on the other hand, sits on the surface and can quickly wear off.
    * Synthetic car wax tends to be easier to use because it requires less effort to apply.
    * Synthetic car polish is a very useful product because it can remove minor swirl marks and light oxidation from the pain surface. Synthetic wax or carnauba wax can be applied over synthetic car polish for added shine and protection.
    * Many synthetic waxes only need to be applied every few months unlike carnauba car waxes that require frequent application in order to maintain protection and shine.
    * Synthetic car wax costs about the same as traditional wax but because it offers longer lasting protection, it may actually cost less in use.
    * Synthetic wax and polish tends to attract less dust to the clean paint surface.
    * Carnauba waxes cause water to bead, which can result in water spots, but the majority of synthetic car wax and polishes allow water to sheet off the surface.

All-natural carnauba car waxes offers beautiful, liquid shine that cannot be replicated, but it must be reapplied more frequently than synthetic waxes. Synthetic wax ( paint sealants) on the other hand, measures up pound-for-pound with its affordable, lasting protection. However, there is no law that states both of these processes have to be used exclusively.
  10. sham

Hi, i searched in net about Zaino, i was not able to see in amazon.com or reviews anywhere? Can you send me link where there are reviews for Zaino ?