1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car polishing in India

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mescotc, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    it is available in india with 3m for Paste Wax NXT 2.0 - 1405 INR.

3m has acquired meguiars and selling some of the products off the shelf. they have a showroom in pune and bangalore
  2. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    hey guys, which wax and polish is better between 3m and turtle and which kind solid, liquid or spray...... :anyone
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Arka..You can opt for any of the collinite products. Just google and you can find out good reviews about it. Well I cant personally comment on this as I have just ordered for the product and it is in transit :). You can opt for Collinite 845 Insulator Wax or Collinite 915 Marque D` Elegance. Just have a look at the following website and see for yourself. http://www.bringingbest.com/ .Both are carnauba waxes.
  4. sham

sham

I enquired at Bringthebest, but his price is like Rs 1350. Saw add in t-bhp about collinite by Auto Mall, http://www.auto-mall.in/products.html and got collinite 845 for Rs 905/- Plus MF towel(quoted t-bhp id) and shipping free in bangalore. Price almost Rs 450 less than BBI, Competition is good for us :).

Before buying wrote to collinite about Auto Mall, They wrote back telling Auto Mall is new distributor for collinite in India and it is listed in their website http://www.collinite.com/distributors_i ... ional.html , and they told in Auto Mall you can get 845, 915, 850, 855, 476 and BBI stocks only 845.

One of my friend uses collinite for sometime, and he says it will protect and keep your car shining 6-8 months. Even if it comes to 6 months its great in indian condition, since 1 bottle can be applied 10 times, and most alternative wax stays only for few weeks. And the shine, especially for black colored cars is just amazing.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Sham... I am not sure what has happened. His price was 959 for collinite 845 2 weeks back and for Collinite Marque D` Elegance it was 1659. I am just copying it from my mail. For 959 he was providing perfume extra compared to automall (Anyway perfume could be worth the 50 bugs u spend extra).Anyways from whereever you buy, you are getting one of the best world class product. So enjoy ur polishing and do post pics once you have done polishing. Drive safe :)

1. Collinite 845 + 1 Yellow MF + Car perfume (Europe Import) + Complete Instructions + E.mail Support for questions = Rs. 959

Perfume we give free:

http://www.bringingbest.com/Areon_DryMon.html

2. Collinite Marque D` Elegance + 1 yellow MF + Quick Pad (US Made)= Rs. 1659
  6. sham

sham

I inquired BBI a month ago and it was the price from 1 year. So it looks like 2nd player in market is getting price to fair level. Good for all detailing freaks
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Maybe you are right Sham. Even in some blogs I happen to read that the price was 1000+ for the 845. But you being in b'lore, your best option would be auto-mall. For others they can get a quote from both and decide. So did you place the order .?
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Has anybody here tried Zaino Show Car Polish Products ?
    Zaino presents range of Serious Car Care products that exceeds expectations of Enthusiast & Professionals worldwide.

Zaino Products have gained International attention for its Quality & Ultimate protection in Automotive exterior paint treatment, Leather upholstery & interior Vinyl & plastic maintenance.
    The Guru's report published in 2002 , compared 46 waxes and Zaino Z-2 came up top in all categories. All of this is testament to the strong and consistent brand offering in Zaino!
    Zaino products are now available in India thru Zaino India , we offer free shipping allover India.

Product highlights :

Zaino products are NOT WAX BASED, but Water Based - Advanced Synthetic Polymer which forms tough molecular bond on ur Car paint.

DIY Products - easy to apply - NO tedious buffing required , Simplicity at its Best.

Outstanding Shine , Protection & Durability That's beyond the scope of any Wax .

With anti static properties to reduce dust & dirt pickup --- unlike Wax Based products which attracts dust & dirt due to Wax & silicon oil content.

To know more log on www.zainoindia.com
    or call 0 9823220324 , 0 9049112288

Atul
  9. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune

What is Wax?
    # Car wax comes in two main forms: liquid and paste. It may be made from natural wax, but is mostly synthetic. Paste-type wax is the traditional car wax. It is applied to add a protective layer on top of a car's paint and clear coat. This layer of wax adds shine to the car's appearance and protects the paint job itself from the elements, causing water to bead up and slide off. Wax also filters ultraviolet light and prevents the color of a car from fading over time. Wax also helps delay the onset of oxidation by forming a physical barrier between the metal of the car and the salts, oils and other contaminants the car is exposed to during driving and storage.
    Liquid wax functions in a way similar to paste wax, but is produced in a thinner form. With both types of wax, the application process involves rubbing the wax onto the surface of the car and then, once it has tried to a dull luster, removing it by rubbing with a clean cloth. The portion of the wax that stays behind provides the glossy shine and typically lasts for several months before wearing off.

What is Polish?
    # Car polish is a liquid applied to painted surfaces to eliminate scratches and dirt. It does this by containing abrasive elements that scrub the paint surface, actually removing a thin layer of the car's paint job. Additional solid components in the polish settle into fine scratches and minimize their appearance by reflecting light and making them blend into the rest of the surface. Most car polishes contain wax to help produce the desired glossy appearance.
    Polish can be applied by hand or using a power polisher or buffer with a soft cloth attachment. Many products exist for turning power drills and other power tools into polishers. Most manufacturers of car polish advise applying several coats with lessening degrees of pressure, gradually minimizing the appearance of imperfections in the car's surfaces.

Read more: Difference Between Car Polish & Wax | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5188420_diffe ... z1EwauqGEX
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sunil..your information is perfect. Then one more information I would like to add on is even in wax we get the traditional and synthetic type. Traditional waxes especially the Carnuaba wax is a wax of the leaves of the palm Copernicia prunifera, a plant native to and grown only in the northeastern Brazilian states of Piauí, Ceará, and Rio Grande do Norte.It is known as "queen of waxes" (Source wikipedia..). The collinite I referred to is pure Carnuaba wax. Whereas the Zaino products are synthetic and they also give a very good result. Synthetic waxes last longer and it is easy to apply. Again the choice is left to the user.On doing some googling what I found was the kind of finish we get in synthetic and traditional wax differs. So it depends on what kind of finish you expect after waxing. Both gives good shine .