1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car polishing in India

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mescotc, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hi all,

This topic is meant for all of us to know more about car polishing in India ,
    Pls. share ur experiences related to Car polishing .

In India there is less awareness about Quality car polish brands , General perception about car polish is that it fades out in few days , or couple of weeks , Car detailers fools Customers by saying it "Teflon Coating" even though Du-Pont has discontinued its Car detailing products long back from the market --------The market is full of Cheap waxes ranging from Waxpol , Turtle , Armourall , 3M etc. Its very difficult to find & buy quality brands for Car care due to its non-availability at that time & genuine Customers have no other option but to settle for some other cheap brand.

We want Indian Customers to have a feel of what a Premium Show Car Polish is all about , feel the great Super-gloss wet looking finish , its x-tra long life Characteristics & most important how Quick & Easy it is to apply ( DIY job ) take on & take off !

Officially from mid of Dec 2010 , we will be beginning Market research for Premium Car Care Products in India , Our meet on 3rd dec. will be a start for this.

We need to educate Consumers about Quality Car Care Products , in order to not get fooled.

Will keep u up-dated.
    Atul
  2. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    any update on car polish? can u recommend any one? how would i clean the glasses and not getting water spots?
    :steering
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Arka,

I love to use the meguiar's range of products for my car. I generally buy it directly from the importer in Mumbai. The cost is on the higher side but its well worth it. Meguairs has a 3 step car detailing process which takes around 4 hrs to finish but the results are really good. You can use the machine or hand and still you will get very good finish. (I use hand as I don't have the machine with me)

Another product that I bought is the Collinite 845. This gives my car a deep wet look and has better gloss then Megs. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/colli ... d_208.html

As far as glass is concerned, I use Windshield foam cleaner from 3m - got this from my friend in US. Using it once a week to remove any unwanted water spots on the screen. Hope this helps
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @Kailashnj,

Have u tried any Zaino product so far ? Zaino offers range of serious car care products for Enthusiasts & Professionals, all the products are truly DIY in nature, & most important part is they are not Wax based / silicon oil based , hence offers maximum gloss & protection upto 6months , due to its anti-static properties dirt & dust attraction is reduced by 60% . :eek:fftopic

do check out the thread "Have u zainoed ur car ?" on this forum, or log on to http://www.zainoindia.com ( will be uploaded on 26th jan 2011 )

Zaino is officially now in India , to provide expert advice/support & to cater needs of car enthusiasts & professionals by introducing total range of car care products. we'we all the range of kits from Starters kits upto Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit , for the demanding customers.

Mods. pls. feel free to shift technical discussion to "Have u zainoed ur car !" thread. , as this thread is dedicated for Car polishing practices/malpractices in India.

Atul
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear Atul,

We surely appreciate your product range and offerings and many of us would love to own and experience the same, but for sure Car polishing doesnt mean only Zaino, so on a broader space, this is an appropriate topic and does require its own space for building up healthy discussion

Car detailing and care services have grown its market, i have been personally approached by more than 3 companies providing car care in last 1 month or so, which never happened previously. And now I do see Adverts in new papers to and pamphlets been dropped in along with news paper.
    So this thread will serve the purpose of covering a wide range.

@kailash: We used Collinite 845 on our car which was paint protected by 3M, it gave good wet look, but when we went for 6monthly 3M treatement, they found it difficult to process over the coating of Collinite, and the result was not good :(, not sure if it was Collinite or its 3M's blunder but overall luster was not there and nor was shine.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @Viny,
    this is exactly what I mean to say,
    I don't prefer any brand advertising on this thread , as it is purely meant for discussing practices/malpractices into car detailing in India, as i've already mentioned in opening discussion on this thread.

For technical discussions on Zaino we already have a seperate thread.

By conducting product specific discussions we will lose the Focus of this thread.

Atul
  7. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    You know what, the normal janta will still ask for "teflon" coating. Personally, i dont care as the type that ask for teflon coating knows nothing about car detailing. I would rather not spend time selling a refrigirator to an eskimo.

However, for the more aware individuals, the resources for adequate detailing is just creeping into India. Lets start with understanding the basics. I am no expert but from what i learnt so far, the detailing consists of three critical areas:
    1. Process for detailing (Wash, clean, prep, polish, protect/seal, final coat & more important - continious maintenance)
    2. Products used
    3. Place where the work is done

The car polishing a.k.a teflon coating, doesnt adhere to most of the above best practices. For example, the car is just polished with a polishing compound & then waxed. All this while the car is in the open, collecting dust. They are normally in a hurry to get it completed as there is a big queue. In most cases, the job is to a price point. If i need to go through a full process, its going to cost in terms of labour, product, infrastructure and that ultimately results in a higher bill. How many are willing to pay lets say 10k for a proper detailing?

I dont blame the car polishing guys at the moment because they are just catering to what the customer wants. It would change when the customers start demanding more.

I see this as an amazing business opportunity. Too bad i dont have a rich dad :confused
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Anyone in here having experiences with "Autoglym" car polishes?
    My previous 3M car detailer, called me up yesterday and informed me that he has introduced "Autoglym" range of car care kit.
    Knowing my past, he offered me free demo with steam wash.
    Not sure about the product, hence didnt took the offer as of now, kindly share your views about the product and company
  9. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    thanks, can u mention me the prices of the products u mentioned here nd can u tell me of any meguair's store in kolkata
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    kailashnj,

Can you ask the importer if he has Maguiar nxt-2?

or can you PM me his tel no. ?