1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car perfumes & more ...

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by TORQUEY_TND, Jul 2, 2010.

1. As a result of using Ambipur :thumbs down , i broke both the central AC vent fins (rs. 1235) in april and the right side AC fins (rs. 292) last month.

After much negotiations, i was fortunate to get them replaced under warranty stating poor quality of plastics used for AC vents.

SA have warned me :firey in writing on the invoice to avoid using perfumes which are hook'd to the ac vents and no warranty will be offered to broken fins as a result of this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I had used 3-4 such "dibba's" & almost all result in no effect after some days. Am still looking for a very good quality imported product :confused
    Till than CraZy JoHn is serving me well. :mrgreen:

3. Well Amit ,
    Odd to point out... the HUMOR
    No doubt about the Dibbi & everything doing its job..
    But i cant stop larfing my Gutts out
    when i hear the word "CRAZY JOHN" sounds like an ALCOHOLIC DRINK (MALT BEVERAGE)
    served in a' Martini Glass which is supposed to Smell GOOOOOODDDD... :mrgreen:

Cheers
    TND
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Yeah. It sounds like that :mrgreen: But does it job well. Sometimes weird looking (or sounding) stuff turns out to be more useful. And I'm still searching for a high quality "effective" product. Everytime, I get into any other car, 1st thing I check is air freshner :mrgreen:
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP do lemme know once u come across something kool
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Sure, Andy. I've observed that for car fresheners, there are a whole lot of local products with fruit-based odor which I hate. Most of the other imported products are like those container types which you've to place on Dashboard. My experience with those container types are it becomes ineffective after a few days.

I do not like strong smell in the car. It makes my nostril alergic & sneezy. I need mild smell. But the odor needs to be continuous & mild. As soon as I enter the car, I should feel a smell/ odor. Lets see if something better is available.

Here is the pic of 2 products I was talking about. Viva-scent is good. It gives mild odor. But my wifey did not like the odor. Crazy John is a spray car perfume which I got hold of at a Goa Dollar shop & the odor is very good. Today while taking this pic, I did some jugaad. I sprayed Crazy John spray on those spongy sticks of Viva-scent :mrgreen:

[attachment=0:3f8oqbso]2010-06-27-000.jpg[/attachment:3f8oqbso]
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hmm.. even i hate the cans thing which needs to be left on the dashboard.. lemme know once u come across something kool
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    OK. In fact, if I come across any good quality freshner, I'll buy 1 for you also. Similarly if you come across any, pls buy 1 for me as well.
  9. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    Is there something like odonil for cars?
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I am using Iris reed dispenser, can be seen here http://www.foostor.com/product/Fragranc ... 1/10001027 Lasts good 2-3 months. Refill and reeds are available easily. I had learned the hard lesson about AmbiPur breaking AC vents in my Uno. Since then I have shied away from any clip on product. Iris is available in four fragrances and you can choose what you like. The one in the linky fits snugly into the ash-tray cubby hole of Linea.