1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rajesh karia, Jul 5, 2011.

1. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Guys,

My BNW Linea is just under 1 month old. I am simply loving the serene ride & the gorgeous gleam that it exults.:)

I would like to know from fellow TFIans

1) Weather i should go for any kind of Paint Protection for my Linea ?
    2) 3M, wax polish or any other alternative ?
    3) Cost factors for the above ?
  2. Try Collinate 845, you can order it from ebay. I used this recently and was very much pleased with its performance. The bottle costs 950 INR including shipping. You can also order Mother's Car shampoo from the same vendor. Both are extremely good products and worth every penny
  3. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    thanks chethansgangoor, actually what i really want to know is that mine being a NEW CAR (Under 1 month), is it necessary to have some kind of protection coat or have it done after 6 months or so ?
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have minimal grey punto. I haven't gone for any paint protection coating or waxing. It is two years and still looks new. All I do is regular cleaning and washing. It depends on how well you maintain it.
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    thanks for your input fiatlover, my linea is also washed daily & i have done 1 complete soap wash at a nearby garage, this keeps the beauty dazzaling so far.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  7. Can you please re-post the link? It says no match found. "car care" search gives a long list while "DIY" doesn't return any results.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I reckon this must be the one. Cheers.
    DIY CAR CARE
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are right gujinder, the above link is not corrected.
  10. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    I want to remove the minor scraches which are on my car body without taking my car to the service station which would cost me more.
    Can we use the liquids available in the market which removes minor scratches on the car body?

Please let me know.
    Ahamed