1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car of Choice

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Shijo Lawrance, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Shijo Lawrance

Shijo Lawrance

Kerala
    Hi,

Its really nice to see a lot of Fiat enthusiast in TFT, and after tremendous search I found this as the best form to know more about my choices. Recently we ordered for Fiat Linea in mid of August and the dealer promised to deliver it by end of August or maximum by 1st Sep, but unfortunately as read from most forms and review, FIAT is not having the track record of delivering cars on promised date so still waiting... "Mere Number Bhi Ayega", :-D

Now the real problem that, we booked for the "New Peal White Color", but now the dealer is suggesting us to take Nova White. When I did the search It was noticed that the Nova white was discontinued by 2012 and the Peal white color was introduced in 2013, after being discontinued in 2010 (not much sure about this details). After the treat of cancelling the order and requesting to refund the advance payment, they agreed to get us from some other showroom. The information provided from the dealer side on this regard was not much convincing. Now, I'm afraid, if the dealer will be just providing me with same demo car after clean up that I tried during TD.

Guys, How can I know if it is a demo car, or its a brand new one. :confused:
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Firstly, welcome to the forum and congrats on your Linea purchase. Fret not, all will be well in the end. It is not FIAT that fails to deliver, it is the dealers.

The very first batch of white FIATs (new gen), were "Vocal White". This shade was quickly withdrawn from the market, for reasons best known to FIAT and replaced with "Bossa Nova White". Now that is again replaced for the 2013 models with "New Pearl White". So, if the dealer is trying to push Bossa Nova White, the the car is surely old.

Get the VIN of the car and share with us. The last 3 alphabets of the VIN will help identify the month & year of manufacture of the car. Also, check out the PDI checklist on the forum and make sure you do a thorough PDI, before you give the go ahead to register the car in your name.

All the best,

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. Shijo Lawrance

Shijo Lawrance

Kerala
    Thanks for the update.
  4. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    There should be the 'H' alphabet in the ODO display and look out for any scratches in the key slot area.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Shijo Lawrance

Shijo Lawrance

Kerala
    Thanks for the support. As promised by the dealer I will be having my new linea MJD by Saturday morning. Will post on new images and reports.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    1 person likes this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats Shijo :)

@Patchyboy: Some of the reasons why pearl white was stopped were following

1. TASS where not able to do color match when any denting painting work was done.
    2. A lot of rusting issue was noted in first gen cars and for some reason it was more seen on pearlwhite
    3. Pearl White was almost 2x costly to paint and required multiple coatings done.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info. Are Pearl White and the Original Vocal White one and the same? If so, then what is the rationale behind bringing it back, given the reasons you have described?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Nopes pearl white and vocal white are different the top coating was different.
    Probably now they found a better combination of color components to ensure better match and hence bringing it back :)
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I agree,i read about a door being repainted 17 times to get the exact matching shade :D
  10. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    congrats Shijo for Linea, one of the best sedan in its class & miles ahead of so called hot selling cakes. Do post snaps of your Italian beauty