1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Mobile Charger socket not functional

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pemmasg, Mar 2, 2012.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Hello,

Cigarette lighter socket/periperal charger socket is not operational in my GP 90. It looks like the corresponding fuse is blown off. Can anyone tell me the exact fuse number so that I can replace it myself.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
    Gopi
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do we have any pointers in the Manual for this issue? Did you check it?
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai

[FONT=GillSansMT,Bold][FONT=GillSansMT,Bold] Yes Ramesh!

Just now I went through the manual, the fuse is located in "Fuse box on the dashboard" its number is F44.
    Thanks for pointing this. - Gopi

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  4. mo1

mo1 Timido

Pune
    Where did you buy the spare fuse? any spces for the same if I have to purchase it from a accessories shop?
    (do we get a spare fuse with a new car?)
  5. Harisanker

Harisanker Timido

Mumbai
    loose contact.

most of the chargers / lighters do not fit in right to the stock charging point of the fiat.. its also possible that everything is right and u feel that its not.. i had the same issue, got my fuses checked.. thereafter realised that the contact with charger was at fault.. its recommended that u try out a different brand of charger that fits in right..
  6. You can get the fuse at TASS... Take it to them... Its just a few seconds job... Generally they don't charge... I got it done in my linea
    1 person likes this.
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

All of sudden, my Car's Cigarette Lighter is also dead :(
    I hope its covered under warranty, any idea and is it a small time repair ?

Thanks
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Rituraj,

Reason is the blown fuse.Get this fuse changed and it will start functioning.Cheap Chinese make charger and converter are not supported by FIAT cars.
    One of my office mate owns a toyota innova and he had to shell 1 lakh for whole wiring and some stuff replacement.All happened due to use of cheap Chinese mobile charger he bought from one of the traffic signal hawkers.
  9. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    I am using charger from Callmate and belkin :(

still the problem !!

10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Ritu,

I have experienced the same Chinese charger issue with me that's why i diagnosed charger as culprit.Though you are using branded one and still fuse goes off,visit TASS.