1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car makeover after accident

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shrikant, Apr 8, 2016.

1. shrikant

shrikant Timido

Buldana
    Buldana,Maharashtra
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi guys, i Hve a PUNTO 1.3 emo ,a month ago i had an accident while driving ,i lost control over the car and it went down the road. Both the driver side doors got fully damaged, radiator, subframe, front bumper got heavily damaged too..getting my car in couple of days and i am exited too ,but worried that the car should not seem to be a repaired one..fiat guys say that you won't be able to recognise da car ,it ll look n perform as original as it was before.. is it true that an makeover after accident won't make much difference ..?
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. Bhoopathi Raja

Bhoopathi Raja Timido

Coimbatore/ Pune
    Pune/Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes, if the work is done with care . I had the same problem , my bonnet, radiator, cross member, front bumper, side panel was totally damaged. After repair, My stability & performance were still original.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @shrikant

Sad to know that your car met with an accident. If the repairs are carried out perfectly and the parts used are original Fiat, then I don't think so there is anything to worry. There would not be much difference in the engine performance and structural integrity unless the engine and A,B,C sections were damaged.

Enjoy the drive and drive safely.
  4. Ruban

Ruban Timido

vellore
    Vellore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Last year 2015 june, i met with an minor accident. A bus came from behind and hit my rear bumper, bumper and rear boot door smashed. also front bumper damaged.
    i gave it to the FIAT centre in chennai. Took almost one month to fix my car Palio stile. after repair i could notice the boot door is closing/locking as smooth as before.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.