1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car loosing RPM and not picking up speed.

Discussion in 'Linea' started by Sachin Malik, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Sachin Malik

Sachin Malik Timido

Meerut
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Team,

I am facing a weird issue with my Fiat Linea 2011 Diesel. I have covered 80,000Kms on this and recently got the Timing chain and Clutch plate replaced.

In beginning the people at service centre thought it is because of some error and they have reset the errors, but its still doing this weird thing and they are not able to understand why this is happening. There is no extra smoke coming out, turbo seems to work fine.

The maximum RPM's that can be achieved is 2000 with a speed of 40Km/hr.

Please help.
  2. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Sachin, did the service center check the fuel pump and fuel line?
  3. Sachin Malik

Sachin Malik Timido

Meerut
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Mahesh for the reply, i really appreciate your reply. They have tried to replaced the fuel pump with a lying around one but its still the same.Let me try to explain more about this issue in detail.

Its not a permanent issue, it comes and goes. Its like i am driving car normally at 80-100km/h and rps around 4000 and suddenly rpms start decreasing and car looses power. During this the maximum rps that can be reached are 2000rpms with speed 30-40km/h. The work around to this is i have to stop the car on the road side and then turn off the engine for 5mins. Its not a sure shot but 5 times out of 10 it works.

I have permanently installed a OBD 2 bluetooth port to get the data on my tablet and there is no error code generated during this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Sachin Malik, Kindly have the turbo hoses as well checked as a leak anywhere can also cause this behavior. The mentioned speeds 80-100 kmph on the linea MJD should put your rpm needle anywhere between 1800-2200, which means the car is in turbo zone, and loss of power from there on somehow in my opinion, points us to check the setup as whole and not just the turbo unit.
    Kindly keep us updated.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    This is a classic case of a soon to be turbo failure... keep an eye ... take your car to FASS as at the first opportunity.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My suggestion : get the EGR disconnected and do a trial run for few days. Its found to be EGR related issues in most of the power loss issues. If all the turbo hoses are fine and no leak, EGR is the next thing to check. Do give a try.
  7. Sachin Malik

Sachin Malik Timido

Meerut
    Linea 1.3
    car.jpg Just came back from FASS, this issue is turning into a mystery now :banghead::banghead::banghead:

@Deepak :they have checked and cleaned EGR and it working good and new will cost for 18,000. Billed 3,000 for the same.

@viveksonkhla : are you sure because last month my friend got his turbo replaced, total cost was around 70,000.

@maheshvpy : they haven't checked the fuel pump yet.

Its getting depressing now.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    if the EGR is clogged badly , cleaning may not have an effect. Try with disconnecting EGR fully.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    A new FGT turbo might cost 21 k + labour, Or you can go for a re-conditioned (as good as new ) turbo by TEL @12k .

Not sure , if the VGT is 70 k though .
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP