1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Jerks when I shift the gear

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kumar2005, Dec 16, 2015.

1. urvish21

urvish21 Timido

Linea 1.3
    @metal_heart - Thanks very much for the reply.

Another way to look into the issue is "why would Fiat mention doing upshift every 10 kmph" if what you said was the case. What I understand is that diesel engine generates high torque so it is possible keep the car moving with pressing the accelerator till 30-35 kmph in 4th gear (I do it while going on a leisurely ride at late nights)

I too would want some experts to comment on this one please
  2. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Well, don't believe whatever is written in manual. Initially, FIAT never recommended timing chain. It was only when failures started to happen, they included it in 60K service (Which personally, is too soon for a timing chain).
    Anyways, that's an absolute different discussion about correctness of owner's manual(s).

I would also, love to hear more about expert opinion. Especially, @kumar2005 's query of jerk(s) while shifting gear(s).
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 17, 2015 ---
    Missed to advice this earlier
    Please get the engine oil changed ~1500km (along with oil filter), irrespective of what your service manual states. It's advised (by many experts) during run-in period.

Don,t bother about it. Learn to drive first and get accustomed to car and driving conditions. Good drivers, would get good FE.

As baba Rancho (aamir khan) said - Kamyab nhi, kabil banoo; ... kamyabi toh saali jhak maarke peeche bhagegi
    (translation - Aspire to be capable ... success will follow you no matter what)
    Ravi_M and ssateesh like this.
  3. Jass7840

Jass7840 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Bro try to change 1st and second gear when RPM crosses 2.5k And you'll get jerk free drive.
    Shift 3rd gear at 2k and 4th and 5th gear at around 2.2k, Maybe it'll help you in having a smooth ride !
    Drive Safe
  4. kumar2005

kumar2005 Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks everyone. I change gear once the RPM crosses 2K. Again I'm getting used to my new car and not seeing the jerk often now a days.
    Also Seeing a great mileage of 23.5 km/ltr on highways when I traveled to my hometown this X'mas. !!
    Pavan Puvvada and gpunto75 like this.