1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car got bang by a truck

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by chakiirfan, May 4, 2014.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys, i met with an accident where a truck bang my car from behind not sure how to proceed with the claim and formalities.
    Would require help and suggestion on the same.
    Irfan

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Can you provide more details so that members can help you. I hope there is not much damage to your car and all occupants are safe.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
  3. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    If you can drive your car to home you can do that but it's better to have an fir registered. You can claim your insurance by calling them on their customer care number.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No FIR required if there aren't any casualties. Please post some pics of the damage to comment further.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  5. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The portion below the tail light has got severely damaged... By grace of god all the occupants are safe....
    I have already lodge a TAD in the police station and will be posting the pics soon...
    The only thing i know that if i was in another car other than fiat the damage would have been more than the current damage.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Irfan,

Can you post the pics of the damage? Where did this happen? I am glad that all the occupants are safe and you are right about the extent of damage if it was any other car than Fiat.

Since you have filed an FIR (Is it same as TAD you mentioned?), get a copy of the FIR and lodge a claim with the Insurance co. If it is cashless type then call up Fiat workshop to get the car to the workshop and ask them to initiate the claim process. Once the surveyor inspects the damage and approves the claim (I sincerely hope you have a zero dep add on cover too), Fiat will start the repairs and the car will be back on roads within no time.

Did you happen to accost the truck driver, get some details about the owner (since most of the trucks are owned by someone else other than the driver). Give the owner a call and tell him the damage caused. If he agrees then OK or else arm twist him saying his name has been included in the FIR too.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Attaching pics of the damaged part by9u5a2u.jpg e3e7ady2.jpg 7e5azyga.jpg

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gave my car to the service centre. As per the SA below are the things that needs to be replaced
    1. Rear quarter panel
    2. Rear bumper
    3. Clip and painting of above 2 parts
    4. Waxing to align old and new colour

All the above things except for waxing will be covered by insurance.

I am.not sure about the waxing is it necessary as my car is only three months old.

9. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @godlur thanks for your inputs. The accident happened in Andheri and i did take the driver to the police station where he has been already charged.

I have also posted this pics for your reference as well.
    Thanks again

10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    chakiirfan,

I thought it was worst at first, but it this is definitely not too bad an accident. :)

So it is a no-brainer as such now. Just ask the SA to process the car further for claims and rest will be taken care of.

Waxing is optional. Basic rotary polishing is a part of the job. I dont see any problem with why they can't give a complete minimal buffing polishing to the car. They try charge maximum to the insurance companies anyways, which the insurance people are well aware of also.
    1 person likes this.