1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car gasping for breath

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your ride needs a long run.Do some long drives. :D

Cant we get the injector cleaned in TASS/FASS ?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually you could be right because as far as i remember my last longest drive was sometime in July 2012 (totalling 1600kms) and my next one was the TFI blr meet (totalling about 150kms).
    After that, yesterday the drive to airport of 60kms.
    Cannot believe this :(

Anyway though that will all come to an end in 2 days time as i'm heading on another 1000Kms run :dance:dancing
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Abro products are available on Snapdeal as well...

Black? did you get your car's ECU Remapped as well? If you have than Just get it checked by the guy who did ECU Remap...

Cheers... :up

Neel
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok so just bought them from JC road.
    While i was there I also picked up a sept 2012 model of Delvac-1 (5lts) for 3600 and an oil filter as well for my next oil change.

Something interesting btw, while i was there the owner was telling me to buy mobil synergy (i think that's what its called). He also went on to say that this particular oil will do well with both diesels and petrols and is cheaper than MD -1 .
    I somehow didn't agree but is it possible that a particular oil can be used for both engines?.

Sat, I have your stuff will see you in the evening.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  5. Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok guys looks like it was indeed an injector issue.
    Last weekend i took my car out for a long 200km spin and i noticed that in 5th gear at about 2500-2900 rpm the car sputtered again for a brief moment and after that for the whole journey it was smooth.
    I took it all the way from 0 - 130 and it never missed a beat. Looks like it was the case of a clogged injector and ABRO also did its job.
    I need more tests on that. May be this weekend another run would concrete my opinions
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat on its own does not recommend any additive, but I dont heed that too much as the reality on the fuel front is not milk and honey. I wouldn't use ABRO if i knew that it is like fast food. The harsher the detergent, the faster is the cleanse. I would rather use a slow acting stuff that is less harsh on the metals of the injector and produces the result. Patience pays in the long run.

Abdul
  8. Difference between System D and ABRO is quantity as ABRO is more,System D being small quantity looks like more strong stuff.
    It took almost 400 kms to clear everything,engine internals as quite strong enough to withstand these additives as it tolerates the kerosene/water in fuel. I would request you to watch this space for few more weeks for updates before conclusion.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    which way of adding additives is good ,during long run/highway run or city drive ?